Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My ACL reconstruction and knee success  (Read 2446 times)

harry78

My ACL reconstruction and knee success
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:02:40 PM »
Well well well. How are you all?

I am so happy to be finally creating my own thread on this topic. I had my ACLR just over a year now and it seems that all the hard work I had to do in those twelve months has been worth it. Before surgery I was suffering from the following:

• Buckling knee
  • Severe pain and discomfort in my whole leg
  • unable to do things I should
  • depression

But now after knee surgery and rehab, the plus points for me are:

• mental and physical health has become normal again
  • No buckling instead my knee is back again, leg being even stronger
  • Resumed sports and other activities
  • Feel upbeat about the future

It would have been terrible to think that I was scared to have the surgery in the first place not have it done. I feel so very pleased and so happy about my experience and I think I'm alot better for it.

Best wishes all Harry.

Offline jennifer_in_clyde

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: My ACL reconstruction and knee success
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:46:01 PM »
Harry -

As someone facing an ACLR next week (and honestly pretty nervous about it!) I appreciate hearing about sucess stories! Glad you are doing so well and are out on the other side! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer
May 2006 ruptured right ACL and tore medial meniscus
July 14 2006 allograft ACLR and meniscus repair
July 2011..reinjury - is my ACL okay??
December 2011- surgery - turned out to be a articular cartilage tear - MFX and lateral menisectomy

harry78

Re: My ACL reconstruction and knee success
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »
Hi jennifer,

Good luck on your surgery!
Just remember to keep positive and look forward to getting the knee operated upon and also doing the rehabilitation. For me the key was always the above and I do think that being 'up for it' helped me along the journey - and it is a journey!!
I was also nervous about my surgery like yourself, but don't worry too much, these reconstructions are regulation nowadays particularly with the ACL. Take care in the first three months post op not to stretch the graft or loosen the fixations.

Take care, Harry.

support