Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee question .... HELP  (Read 822 times)

Offline xlilliex

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee question .... HELP
« on: June 20, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »
since the age of 7 (im now 18) i have suffered from what seems like a dislocation in the knee.

when in an akward posiition (usually when im sitting on my legs and twist to get up) i have a sudden dislogment in the knee (it feels as if it slips sideways, to the outside), the pain is terrible and my knee is locked, i have to be calm and slowly force my leg stregiht and then it pops back into place, the pain afterwards is really bad and i have to rest for a bit.

it happens in both knees and i have comed to learn when im in a vulnareble position. WHat could be dislodging?? I practise yoga and it is really frustrating not being able to do some of the position which involve bending of the kne, cross legged etc.

please if anyone has any answers please, post a reply       

Hop skip n jump

Re: knee question .... HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 08:47:50 PM »
Hi Lillie

Please book a doctors appointment and get a referal for an orthapeadic surgeon ASAP. You need to get this looked at before the dislocations start causing non reversable damage. It may be that you will need a course of physio (physical in the US) therpay or worst case scenario surgery. BUT get it looked at, this souldn't be happening in a 'normal' knee! (I've forgotten what normal is tee hee!)

I know exactly how it feels, it sucks! I hope you get the answers that you are looking for.

Take care
Hop