Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need some help please  (Read 996 times)

Offline trevorsmith5678

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need some help please
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:44:16 AM »
I feel a it of an idiot so bear with me. When I had health insurance, I went to see my GP aout my right knee. He sent me for an MRI - the conclusion from which was no need for surgery  :).

The GP said (and I am paraphrasing here) that I had something misaligned or out of kilter, and he printed me off some exercises from a medical textbook. Now that I have started working out a little, the pain is increased and I want to do the exercises, but can I find the damn piece of paper? No chance  :-[

So appreciating that this is a long shot, does anyone have any idea what those exercises might be? Maye you can trigger my memory with some mention of what he said I had, or even the name of the book.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can assist.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 04:19:07 AM by trevorsmith5678 »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Need some help please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 06:41:36 AM »
On the main site you find good excercises under rehabilitation...but though why not call your doc and ask him for a new paper ?
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Limping, but walking!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:41:49 PM »
I agree call him back or if you went to pt ask them or just do a search.
You can always do the easy ones to you get the others, heel slides, leglifts, bike etc.
BS
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline trevorsmith5678

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 11:05:54 PM »
I agree call him back or if you went to pt ask them or just do a search.
You can always do the easy ones to you get the others, heel slides, leglifts, bike etc.
BS

I did as you all suggested. I managed to get a print out of the report from my MRI from the doc's reception but he couldn't find the exercises he'd once printed out.

This is what I can tell you about my condition:

I have early chrondomalacia of the patella
No effusion
Mild thinning of the patellar cartileae along the apex
Cartilage along the medial an to a lesser degree lateral facet has mildly nonuniform signal
In the medial facet, perpendicularly oriented lines of high signal intersect the cartilage suggesting mild fibrillation
Articular cartilage otherwise normal.

It hurts a lot more now than it did when I had the MRI 13 months ago and frequently feels swollen.

I use heat and cold pads to lessen swelling and pain but try and stay off the painkillers.

Does anyone know what exercises I need to be doing?

Thanks again

Offline emphatic

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:44:09 PM »
Trevor,

People on an internet forum really can't help you in the way you want. We're not doctors and we can't treat you or prescribe exercises via the internet. When people talk about their exercise programs on this forum, they typically compare with others who had similar injuries, or commiserate and offer encouragement.

The best advice anyone here can give you is to go see your doctor again, or try to get a physical therapy visit so you can get a professional to prescribe the proper exercise program for you.

Yes, from what you describe, I've been around the block enough to probably second-guess exactly what the PT would give you. However, I feel it would be very unethical of me to do so, and it would be doing you a disservice, ultimately.

Please try to get the original exercises again, or ask for a physical therapy referral.

:)

Meg

support