Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: If you see this month National Geographic in the waiting room  (Read 700 times)

Offline jm121205

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
There are pandas on the cover.  But inside is an article on the orthopedic impact of become bipeds.  There is some interesting stuff on the knee joint.   Judith
11/1/05 clean patella fracture
12/12/15 shattered patella, emergency surgical repair
2/06 to 4/06 attempting to convince them something was not right
4/26/06 recheck with surgeon: original break not healing and wires from surgery broken
5/26/06 Second Surgery
8/16/06 no more brace

Offline emphatic

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: If you see this month National Geographic in the waiting room
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 02:14:27 AM »
Wow, your doc has current magazines in his office? Mine has two-year old Sports Illustrated, if I'm lucky.

Maybe we could do a survery of who has the best magazines and make our medical choices based on that, rather than who's the best surgeon... do you think we'd be better off?  :P

Sounds like an interesting article... hopefully I'll get lucky enough to come across it.

Meg
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 03:15:59 AM by emphatic »

knee deep in Goo

Re: If you see this month National Geographic in the waiting room
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 02:47:52 AM »
I remember a month after my operation going into the OS office and reading a travel magazine with high end jewlry.  I saw silk pillows that cost 2 grand in it and started to weep.   Last friday I picked up one of the mags in there and saw high end diamond braclets. I noticed the magazines are all in a special folder that states do not take from office.  I never once saw a people or a national geographic . However did see gardening mags and bike ridding mags. 

I wonder if all the good magazines get booted by the time I see my OS.   I can sometimes go through 6 magazines while waiting for him.

I look at my unloader brace and wonder if I can glue some bling on it.  :)