Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: undiagnosed knee pain  (Read 878 times)

Offline kneepainpain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
undiagnosed knee pain
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:12:46 PM »
Hello.
Just wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms:

Firstly my right knee aches below the knee-cap. It's similar to osgood schlatters pain (which I had quite severly when I was younger). It gets worse as the day goes on, but there is no swelling. I have had this several times before and it eventaully gets better, but lasts for a few months at a time. It isn't tender to the touch, but is tnder to the touch to the left of it (inside of my knee).

Secondly, unde my knee-cap, at the top, i get a very tiny intense area of pain. This normally comes on very suddenly and I can't move my knee. It feels a bit like a catchin feeling.

I am awaiting an orthopod referal, but wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can help it before then.

Thanks.  ;D

Offline sharon74

• Forum Faithful
Re: undiagnosed knee pain
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:59:43 PM »
Have you tried wearing any brace to help support your knee?  From the pain it could be several different things.  Until you go to see an OS I would try to avoid the activities that bother your knee and take aleve.  That will help with the pain and any swelling that may be under and around the knee.
1990 - left knee exploratory - removed scar tissue
1991 - left knee LR
1993 - right knee LR
2002 - left knee LR
2006 - left knee TTT/LR

Offline kneepainpain

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: undiagnosed knee pain
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 10:10:11 PM »
Hello.

Thanks for the advice.

I was told wearing a knee support was only for instability - and so wouldn't help. The GP said she wasn't entirly sure what was wrong with it, but didn't think it was unstable.

I stopped all sport last year due to knee pain - it has a dull ache all the time, but everyday activities like walking and standing make it worse. When it almost locks, it's agony!

GP sent me with pain killers and an ortho referal - 13 weeks max apparently