Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: It feels so good to be making progress  (Read 627 times)

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
It feels so good to be making progress
« on: June 10, 2006, 02:02:20 PM »
I can finally begin to see light at the end of the tunnel!

A week ago I got given the go-ahead to begin weightbearing.  My Dr was confident my TPF had healed and told me to weightbear as much as the pain and my knee would allow.  I saw my physio a few days later who advised me on how to walk etc and I have to say I'm enourmously proud to be doing well.

So far it's been 10 days since I started weightbearing and around the house I am walking with no crutches at all!  It took 8 days for me to progress from 2 crutches down to 1 and following from my physio appointment yesterday she encouraged me to try and walk around the house unaided!

I've been feeling quite a bit of pain but it's more in my foot and quads rather than my knee.  My foot pain I think is because I've not used it for 12 weeks and now I'm pottering around.  I've been walking around barefoot and that probably doesn't help so I'm going to try and wear trainers for a bit of support.  My ROM is 0-145 and is as good as my good leg.

Today I feel I've turned a real corner.  So far I've cooked lunch for me and my husband then cleaned up the kitchen, done 2 loads of washing and hung it all out on the line and I've managed to look after my 9mth old little boy whilst my husband works.  I've achieved all this totally unaided!  I cannot describe how wonderful it feels to finally be independent and not burden my husband with everything.  I'm still limited on what I can do with my little one, bending down is difficult and I'm still wary of walking whilst carrying him in case I fall but I'm getting there - and that's the main thing!

I want to wish all you with knee problems/injurys a very speedy recovery.  I remember the early days when I was in a LOT of pain and the prospect of 12 weeks on the crutches made me very depressed but try to stay positive, it DOES heal, it DOES get better and it feels so, so good when it finally does  ;D.

Take care xxxx

Offline emphatic

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: It feels so good to be making progress
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:18:57 AM »
Congratulations on your excellent result and thank you for sharing the news with all of us! It really is nice to hear some good news and hear that someone is doing quite well.

Meg