Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 8 month old torn ligament  (Read 971 times)

Offline topcat20

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
8 month old torn ligament
« on: June 10, 2006, 04:30:35 AM »
Hi all its been almost 8 monthes since i tore my cruciate ligament in my  left Knee?.

Well the Rugby season is fast approaching and yes id like to get back playing again? the promblem i face is i can walk ok with a little pain from time to time but running is still quite painful. My doctor has signed me off his books and i couldnt get a phyiso appoinment due to work commitments so missed out.

Is there any thing i can to to strengthan my knee other than swimming and cycling as yet i havent started either if so please contact me at [email protected] with suggestions would most greatful.

stevel 

Offline emphatic

• Forum Faithful
Re: 8 month old torn ligament
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:47:10 AM »
Stevel,

I strongly suggest an appointment with a physical therapist or a rehab-savvy strength and conditioning coach. You can get a competent workout program and not run the risk of re-injury due to bad advice.

I totally understand that you want to return to playing, but you're clearly not ready. Do this right... or you're regret it later, believe me.

Good luck!

Meg

Offline topcat20

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 8 month old torn ligament
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:45:59 PM »
Hi Meg,
           Thanks for the information i will do as you suggest, to be honest i do see your point of view.

once again thanks for the info

Steve

Gloucester Old Boys RFC

support