Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: patella stabilization  (Read 2488 times)

Offline al365

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: patella stabilization
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 01:59:04 PM »
I have another question to pose - I have quite a lot of numbness just to the lateral side of my wound from surgery, so pretty much the feeling in the skin over the front surface of my kneecap has reduced. anyone else had this & is it this normal, i.e I thought any numbness would be restricted to the area of any scar tissue?

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 03:49:46 PM »
Hi Al,
   The numbness is completely normal.  4 years after my first TTT the skin on the lateral side of the scar is still numb.  Sometimes the nerves regenerate and sometimes they don't.  If they do, it takes a long time.

Take care,
Patty

Offline al365

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 03:15:49 PM »
So 3 more weeks to go. Then you can start working on ROM. Fun, fun. ;)
 ;D cat  ;D

Yesterday I had all clear to lose the brace..freedom! RoM has improved more than I had imagined within the space of 24 hrs, e.g to start off with I could hardly flex my knee at all but now sitting down at my desk as I type I have my thigh horizontal and lower leg vertical, so foot is flat on floor. that's as good as it gets at the moment but certainly still working on it.  :)

Quad muscles are extremely weak however.

I had a VMO advancement and imbrication of the medial retinaculum, together with a lateral release..I have a question though - what's the difference between the medial retinaculum and medial patellofemoral ligament- which bone structures do they connect? are they essentially the same thing?? Sorry to ask silly questions!! 

Al

Offline nicola_tubb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
patella stabilization
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 03:35:18 PM »
Hello Al,

I hope its all going well.

I'm ment to be having that operation on the 15th of August I'm really scared I've been reading up about it and it dosen't look good, thats proberly why I'm getting scared obsorbing the negativity. 
Here a little about my probs.  I'm 19 and have dislocated my left knee 5 times, 2 times need to go to hospital to pop it back in and 3 times i did it my self it didn't pop all the way out.  I went to a knee clinic the 2nd time I did it ok it strengthened my inner muscle which u neede but it still pops outs, slides, cracks and just aches all the time.  Ok i'm at this clinic and Its just little old ladies I'm like the youngest persopn there but like 60 years.  So i come onto this website to the tounger bit and guess what the perosn is 44 it dosent help.  OK i'm ramberling a bit.

Did it hurt?
How many weeks are you having off for rehab and physio?

Nicola