Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Ladies , I need your help  (Read 2558 times)

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Ladies , I need your help
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 12:46:42 PM »
Hi,

I've also given up the feeling of ever wearing heels again, but wondered about wedge heels.  They look like they might be an alternative for some people anyway.  They are definately cuter than flat heels.  I'm into my birkenstock clogs right now and hoping I'll be able to wear something dressier some day in the future.

Anyone tried wearing the wedge heels??  Looks like they would give pretty good support.....
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline KatieO

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:47:18 PM »
I was with both my daughters (18 and 21) in a classy shoe store last week. They don't have knee problems but I was listening to them discussing heels. One said she found wedges more comfortable and easy to walk with; the other said she liked spikier heels and was uncomfortable with wedges! How's that for a mixed response! I guess it is pretty individual.
Katie
5/98 twisting injury
10/98 ACL partial tear repair/ and RSD
10/01 ACL reconstruction w/allograft
7/03 LR
1/06 diagnosed with patella baja
7/5 open knee surgery for IPCS
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage...Anais Nin

Offline jm121205

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 05:20:37 PM »
There was a article in the Seattle Times in recent weeks that wedge heels are an orthopedic nightmare.  I personally was not surprised to hear that since they were very vogue in my late teens/early 20s.  They are not as stable as they look.  They tend to rock and pitch the wearer at an unstable degree.  Spike heels are generally more stable!!  I was shocked to hear that. 

But as the old adage says:  if high heels are all that great then why don't men wear them.  Sorry at 5 ft (1.5m) I am not going to damage my feet, back and now knees to be fashionable and appear taller.  But it is a personal choice.  8)
11/1/05 clean patella fracture
12/12/15 shattered patella, emergency surgical repair
2/06 to 4/06 attempting to convince them something was not right
4/26/06 recheck with surgeon: original break not healing and wires from surgery broken
5/26/06 Second Surgery
8/16/06 no more brace

South African babe

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:31 AM »
Hi ladies

I bought these flats in every colour this week-end and even if I say so myself I think they are pretty cute. I also bought this pair of wedge heels ..... cute huh

support