Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: LR and still catching  (Read 575 times)

Offline bobbiewinnard

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
LR and still catching
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
I had an LR on 28th April and my knee has been healign really well.  I didnt see a physiotherapist until 1st June and started my exercises.

Anyway, I was doing my exercises last night and my kneecap started catching on my femur when I was straightening it (ie, sitting on the edge of the bed and lifting the leg up, when I put it down it catches).  I havent had this happen since before my op and am worried the LR hasnt worked.  I am waiting for a call from my OS and Physio but they take ages.

Please tell me its just because of the weakness and will go away with more strengthening.

PS - I can move my kneecap in any direction when standing, thats how loose and weak it is.

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: LR and still catching
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
Hi,

Why so long between the LR and physio?  Was this by any chance under the NHS???  After LR procedures it is most beneficial to start physio straight away to strengthen the muscles and get the kneecap in the correct place (but you probably already know this).

Why was the LR done - was it because of maltracking?  If this is the case, there is a chance it won't work and you MAY have to go on to have a TTT (I say May because not everybody has to go down this route).  Until you hear from your OS/physio I would carry on with the exercises and try to get your quads in good shape, that will all help.  Good luck, let us know what the OS says.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements