Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: meniscus or LCL injury?????????  (Read 841 times)

Offline brattkids

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • here's to a pain free tomorrow!!! Savvy
meniscus or LCL injury?????????
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:51:26 PM »
I have a long history of knee injuries but nothing related to the meniscus or LCL.
I was on a field trip with my son and while exiting the bus I slipped on a wet step and to save my bad leg I put my good leg down and twisted it at the knee. There was a sharp pain but not too much swelling to go with it. Its been 16 days since I twisted the leg and  I have pain on the lateral side when I walk, bend my leg and I cannot extend my leg fully with out serious pain on that lateral side. There is also a tremendous amout of pain when I try to go up or down the stairs.
I cannot get into my OS until July so I went to my GP and she thinks it may be a meniscus tear.    I went for an x-ray today which I know will show nothing but the insurance requires steps in treatment and therapy. She will schedule me for an MRI when she gets that report on monday.
I was wondering if those of you with meniscus injuries or LCL injuries could let me know if my symptoms sound constistant with a meniscus tear or could I have strained my LCL.
This really sucks as I have had so many problems with my bad knee to now have this on my good knee is depressing as all heck!!!!!!!!   

Thanks to anyone who can help

Paulette

cross posted
4/04 microfracture
5/04 debris removal
8/04 OATS with synthetic plugs
11/04 OATS traditional autograft medial femoral chondyle
05/05 debris removal and OATS assessment
6/05 Cadaver Allograft OATS lateral femoral chondyle
9/05 OATS redone could not save allograft plug
12/2006 2007 and 2008 scop

support