Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: boswellia serrata - frankinsence  (Read 1113 times)

Offline mark24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
boswellia serrata - frankinsence
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:26:40 PM »
Hi,

I tried to search the site for "frankinsence" and "boswellia" and I could not find any result. I am sure you heard about it already. I know about insence since many years, take it myself and held presentations about it as a member of a self-help group in front of doctors.

The gummy resin of the boswellia serata plant has been used as a natural anti-inflammatory for thousands of years. Modern science has verified what ancient Ayurvedic healers knew all along: 
If you enter "boswellia" in medical search sites like http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ you find dozens of clinical tests.
Boswellia blocks the formation of leukotrienes, immune cells that trigger inflammation and promote the formation of free radicals.  Alternative medicine use boswellia for other conditions related to inflammation, including psoriasis, allergies, morbus crohn and ulcerative colitis..

I have for myself, and can also forward the most tested and only one by the doctors and oncologists recommended original "H 15".
That is very expensive like 50 Euros and more. But as I can get it directly from the producer, I pay for it incl. all taxes and DHL transport, 23 - 24 Euros. I think that is even cheaper than the product recommended by you, whereas the quality is assured. Following the  scientists and doctors there are many products with false information, some even bad for health.
I also found the best powder in the moment, it is more that 4,5 times richer in the most effective part of the boswellian acids and also richer in the whole acetyl group. It is very professionally packed, outer side in Alu foil and inside second time in vakuum.
For getting out more AKBA it needs much more raw material, therefore you only have to intake a part you usually do.
I also got it tested by an Europ. Comm. lab., to be sure that there are no contamination or any harmful substances.
The price is 98- Euro for 500 gr (equivalent to 1.000s of H15), and if you take the normal amount it lasts for more than one year.

so far

I neither want to be master nor slave
A. Lincoln
[email protected]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:33:16 PM by mark24 »

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: boswellia serrata - frankinsence
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:53:05 AM »
Mark,

Thanks for the info, interesting.   I'd not heard about this product before.  Apparently it's really helpful for arthritic joints - that's good news for OA suffers.  ~Shade

July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

Offline mark24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
Hi shade,

I have some very interesting articles and studies, but they are all in German.
About rheuma, arthritis and other inflammation problems there are many clinical tests. But the big clinical tests were all stopped suddenly.
Too see about the potential of boswellia serrata and why the Pharma is not interested about it there is one article below.

Now I tried the 1 st time the BABEL Fish translation. I thought it would be very unclear and I am relaly surprised, because the result is quite astonishing.

It is an article of the German pharmacist´s periodical:
http://www.emed-ms.de/index.php?id=533&tt_news=72

While to many of the diseases mentioned laboratory experiments, but also clinical investigations are not only present up to plazebokontrollierten pilot studies, on the effect of Boswelliasaeuren on the multiple Sklerose hardly something is reported. There are similar effect mechanisms of the inflammationmediators (Leukotriene) with the ms as with other chronic inflammation illnesses.
But it exists in the Boswellia literature as only publication only the report of a group of seven scientists, among them also the most experienced ms expert and chiefdoctor of a neurological hospital in South Germany. During these investigations in the year 1997/98 by it experiments had been undertaken with Boswelliasaeuren, with which specific guinea pigs bred for the laboratory (Guinea pigs) with one the ms corresponding illness (experimental auto+immune encephalomyelitis (EAE)) were infected. They received long daily injections up to 21 days from 20mg/kg acetylated Boswelliasaeuren and one stated that this specific Boswellia mixture reduced the clinical ms symptoms of the animals significantly.
But the attempts were not resumed for unknown reasons.
His note "I believes, the Boswelliasaeuren has a similar future as aspirin" suggests for the use of the Boswelliasaeuren also for the therapy of the multiple Sklerose interesting developments. Thus at its request by a north German ms patient initiative suitable contacts were arranged for it to several ms experts at neurological university clinics, so that the attempts with Boswelliasaeuren can be taken up with ms again.
At the 26.Februar 2003 Frankfurt/Main a "Boswellia symposium" took place, that not only the interest of the scientists awaked again in the university, but also the invited Pharma and Phyto industry as the physicians and hospital bosses to point out should.
How the scientist reported later, the interest of the invited conference members, the Pharmaunternehmen and medical profession left to be desired much. One of the lectures was of very extensive importance in particular for the topic "multiple Sklerose". Because it treated in a general manner the "release of central ways of the signal transmission by Boswelliasaeuren in cellular systems", a topic, that with the multiple Sklerose a special role plays/Leckscheidt

... Now you might understand why the Pharma is not interested in this natural substance, as it is not possible to patent it.
The thing is that many capsules and tablets offered do not even contain frankinsence or only the raw material containing all the resins, that cannotbe digested. Others are ineffecient or even contraproductive as the concentration of dose is too low.
There are only some that fulfill the requirements.
As the products are very expensive and in many cases useless, 2 years ago I tried to find out my best way, after all the research and contacts with scientists, users, producers... It is important to know about the detailled substances and its effects, because it is clinical prooven but not respected by the producers. Reason for this is that it needs much more raw material and steps of extractions to get outmore AKBA (3-O-acetyl-11-keto- boswellic acid).

best wishes

Offline mark24

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 03:52:52 PM »
Here is another one:

Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid potentiates apoptosis, inhibits invasion, and abolishes osteoclastogenesis by suppressing NF-kappa B and NF-kappa B-regulated gene expression.

Takada Y, Ichikawa H, Badmaev V, Aggarwal BB.

Cytokine Research Section, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA.

Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA), a component of an Ayurvedic therapeutic plant Boswellia serrata, is a pentacyclic terpenoid active against a large number of inflammatory diseases, including cancer, arthritis, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, and bronchial asthma, but the mechanism is poorly understood. We found that AKBA potentiated the apoptosis induced by TNF and chemotherapeutic agents, suppressed TNF-induced invasion, and inhibited receptor activator of NF-kappaB ligand-induced osteoclastogenesis, all of which are known to require NF-kappaB activation. These observations corresponded with the down-regulation of the expression of NF-kappaB-regulated antiapoptotic, proliferative, and angiogenic gene products. As examined by DNA binding, AKBA suppressed both inducible and constitutive NF-kappaB activation in tumor cells. It also abrogated NF-kappaB activation induced by TNF, IL-1beta, okadaic acid, doxorubicin, LPS, H2O2, PMA, and cigarette smoke. AKBA did not directly affect the binding of NF-kappaB to the DNA but inhibited sequentially the TNF-induced activation of IkappaBalpha kinase (IKK), IkappaBalpha phosphorylation, IkappaBalpha ubiquitination, IkappaBalpha degradation, p65 phosphorylation, and p65 nuclear translocation. AKBA also did not directly modulate IKK activity but suppressed the activation of IKK through inhibition of Akt. Furthermore, AKBA inhibited the NF-kappaB-dependent reporter gene expression activated by TNFR type 1, TNFR-associated death domain protein, TNFR-associated factor 2, NF-kappaB-inducing kinase, and IKK, but not that activated by the p65 subunit of NF-kappaB. Overall, our results indicated that AKBA enhances apoptosis induced by cytokines and chemotherapeutic agents, inhibits invasion, and suppresses osteoclastogenesis through inhibition of NF-kappaB-regulated gene expression.

PMID: 16493072 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Indeed it is very expensive and most of the products are rubbish, but me, that I had a serious problem only wantedthe best. And I found it directly from India. As iI need higher concentration and amount it is very affordable now.

Best wishes

support