Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Dumb knee question????  (Read 1069 times)

Offline contender6030

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Dumb knee question????
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:59:30 PM »
I'm sort of stupid when it comes to knees, don't know much aboutem. I fell the other day, square on my right knee. My knee doesn't hurt and I can walk and do everything I was able to do before. BUT just below my knee there is a VERY tender spot maybe 1" to 2" below my knee cap, and if I hit that spot with something OMG!!!!! it almost puts me in the floor. It's terrible pain with a burning sensation. Anyone got any ideas or am I just a wimp??? :-\ Im self employed so I can't go running to the doctor every time I hurt a little.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 06:01:52 PM by contender6030 »

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Dumb knee question????
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »
no such thing as a dumb question unless you don't ask it. ;)

If it were me.. but it's not.. i would rest the knee but not baby it and put ice on that tender area... and if in 10 days to two weeks it's not getting better. .then maybe think about seeing a doctor. But it could be that you've just bruised, agravated something and it may settle on it's own. It bodes well that you are able to walk and everything without pain. :)
Goodluck
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline smileyselina

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun fun
Re: Dumb knee question????
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 01:08:22 PM »
I agree - ice is highly underated for knee injuries - ice it!

and although its difficult, id go to your gp if you are still concerned as my gp has been great with my knee troubles and they may just put your mind at rest, if it is nothing

Hope its better soon  :)

support