Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Summer Job with knee problems Need Help  (Read 1034 times)

Offline laxplayer5

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Summer Job with knee problems Need Help
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »
Yikes! It's like you tell a possible boss you have a meniscus tear and give him your rehab (see mine at need help making desicion in the general room) and he looks at you like you are a leper. ANy suggestions or stories?

-Keith-
December 01-Chromadic Pattela tracking problem
January 06- Tear in Patellar Tendon (no surgery
Febuary 06-Paralysis Sprees gone now
March 06- knee tendinitis in L and R
August 06- suspected meniscus tear

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: Summer Job with knee problems Need Help
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »
Keith,

i know what you are going through job-wise.  last summer, i was all set to work at a summer camp 600 miles away from home.  i had all the interviews and paperwork completed.  i only needed to move out there and i was set.  after coming home from my OS, discovering i had to have another knee surgery, the whole job situation went down the drain!  :-\  i was lucky though and my spot was reserved for me this summer.

so i had to find another job and i found one that i just love and is easy most of the time on my knees.  plus i get to work with some family friends, as well as my father.  you never know, if your boss isn's cooperative, you might be able to discover a different job somewhere else that you may like in the end.  keep your head up.

~Mandy :)
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline keeperkid24

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: Summer Job with knee problems Need Help
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 09:58:50 PM »
I definately know what you mean. I had to quit my part-time job last year because I couldn't comply with the dress code. I was wearing black skirts instead of black pants because I have really bad hypersensitivity from RSD. I was offered a job at my old PT place right around the same time, luckily, and they certainly understood what was going on. They were like a family to me for awhile, but now there aren't enough hours for me to make the money I need to get by for the summer before I head to college, so I was looking for a new job. Try telling a mom that you have knee problems when you are interviewing for a nanny position, they look at you like you're trying to hurt their kid or something, its crazy. People really have trouble understanding, and a lot of times it seems like it is out of selfishness, but bosses have to consider liability too. And, although they have a hard time showing it, I'm sure they don't want is to get hurt.
01/03-LR (left); 09/03-TTT, medial reefing, plica excision, LR (left); 02/04-screws out; 11/04-TTT, LR, medial reefing, plica excision, etc. (right); 08/05-screws out (right) to reveal a fracture in the tuberosity
Also have severe RSD, EDS, and soo many allergies