Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: now buckling post ttt  (Read 813 times)

Offline nichole

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
now buckling post ttt
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
 ??? Hi guys Its been a while . I had a TTT in late feb and I was doing great for a while and now ( in the past  2-3 wks) my knee has been hurting quite a bit .worse than before my surgery and now it is giving out all of the sudden like when i am at the store . Thank god I havent fallen yet I have a os appt tomm for another post op I just wanted to see if anyone else has (D) this problem and any questions I should ask my os It also really sore and tight so bad on saturday nite I could not walk very well any help will be appriciated thanks nichole
torn miniscus 02'03
tons of cortizone inj
patella femoral realignment 02-24-06
28 yo f mom srudent

Hop skip n jump

Re: now buckling post ttt
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:06:01 PM »
Hi Nicole

I had no idea you were having problems, that sucks, I'm so sorry. I hope someone can offer you some words of advice and comfort.

Hop   ;)

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • OSCAR
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:37:20 PM »
Hey Nichole,

Are you now FWB or still PWB? It could be that there was a point where you pushed your knee too far without realising it and this is its way of telling you to stop. Does it happen at certain times or during certain activities? What aggravates it most?
It may be that you don't quite have the muscle strength (Quads. VMO, hamstring) to go about normal daily activities without being careful. You say it buckles - does it just give way or does is come out of place too? Is it only when you have your weight on it or at other times without any forces going through it? For example, when sitting down or lying in bed and turning over.

I had this problem almost as soon as my splpint came off after TTT surgery. Mine was completely unsuccessful, BUT, this doesn't mean to say that you will run into the same problems. Most of these sugeries are incredibly successful so please don't worry. I know what you're going through but you need to stay positive and believe that this surgery has worked for you.

Maybe you could ask your OS questions relating to rehab, healing times, his success rates (should've asked beforehand really), what can be done to prevent it from happening etc.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02 - L/Release
13/08/03 - Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05 - Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06 - Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06 - RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07- Excision of scar tissue
30/07/07 - PKR suggested by OS (no date yet)

Offline laxplayer5

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:31:44 PM »
Hey Nichole,

Yeah I have had a lot of problems with falls and my legs giving out (see i' 15 and have paralysis in the crisis room) because of my spinal steneosis.  I would get checked out by the OS. I would go back on partial weight bearing to avoid falls (that's what i had to do) and if you already are on partial I liked forearm crutches better than armpit ones because they are more manuverable. If you don't want to use them I would at least protect my knee with a brace.

http://www.wisdomking.com/product71397c262.html
December 01-Chromadic Pattela tracking problem
January 06- Tear in Patellar Tendon (no surgery
Febuary 06-Paralysis Sprees gone now
March 06- knee tendinitis in L and R
August 06- suspected meniscus tear