Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: RSD/CRPS questions  (Read 906 times)

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • OSCAR
RSD/CRPS questions
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:27:59 PM »
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with RSD in March and now having tried (unsuccessfully) to control the pain adequately, I have a pain management appointment on 17th. July. I am taking a shed load of drugs to help, including pain killers & anti-inflammatories which don't seem to do much alongside antidepressants and anticonvulsants. The combination of all these seems to help a little but don't take the pain away.

So, here is/are my question(s) : -

What can they really do for me now?
Does the constant burning pain ever go away or does it stay for ever?
The pain gets worse the more my leg is affected. The pain has spread up my leg, now over my knee. Will this ocntinue?
The colour changes come and go but are getting worse generally. Can this be controlled?
My left leg now seems to be constantly swollen. Can I get rid of this without icing?
It seems the whole of my left leg is affected. Is it likely to spread elsewhere?
If I'm having a bad day when I have my appointment, how do I stop them touching my knee without being really blunt about it?
On a scale of 1-10, my pain at night is always a 10. During the day it 8-9 usually. Can they reduce this?

Any answers, other exerperiences or even novel ideas for pain releif would be appreciated.

Take care,

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • OSCAR
Re: RSD/CRPS questions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:15:06 PM »
Hey,

Anyone with RSD, I need your help now please.

My pain levels have increased over the past few days. Nothing I do reduces it. At work today I ended up passing out partly due to pain and partly due to too many pain meds. I need to know what to do when pain levels go through the roof like this please.

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Laura x
Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline KatieO

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: RSD/CRPS questions
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 03:43:03 PM »
Dear Laura,
I really think you should contact Lindsay at Keeperkid24 and ask her about the clinic in Phila. This is insane for you to be in this much pain. You are going to burst a gasget, which is what passing out is, I guess. It seems like someone medical has to HEAR that this isn't bearable, even for the weeks until your appointment. Is there any way you can take a leave from work? This is too much pain to be trying to function. Sounds like you need to be in the ER and demanding attention NOW. Not an easy thing when you are freaking with pain. Who is there to take care of you? Or advocate for you?
RSD is very unpredicatable. I had a pretty mild case and it went away. I know a woman who had an advanced case and it mostly went away. But that is not your biggest concern right now. You MUST get your pain levels down.
You are in my heart.
KatieO
5/98 twisting injury
10/98 ACL partial tear repair/ and RSD
10/01 ACL reconstruction w/allograft
7/03 LR
1/06 diagnosed with patella baja
7/5 open knee surgery for IPCS
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage...Anais Nin

support