Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment  (Read 1140 times)

Offline TBCGurl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:28:10 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has had Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment. I didnít know if you guys called it something else. I think it almost like TTT but I think they are doing some more stuff too. I couldn't really find anything online about it ???. So if you can help with what it is or, you had it done and can give me some info, I would be very grateful. ;D
Thanks!
God Bless!
In Christ,
Jennifer
June 19,2006-Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment (LK)
August 15,2006-Wound closure from last surgery (LK)
January 15,2007 Meniscus Repair (RK)
January 27, 2009 Open Wedge Distal Femoral Varus Osteotomy (RK)...

Offline doublea21

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
Re: Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 02:44:03 PM »
Jennifer,

I have had the proximal and distal realignment on my right knee.  The distal realignment is essentially the TTT where the tibial attachment of the patella tendon is realigned to lower the Q angle.  The proximal realignment is the tightening of the medial structures and could include a LR.  I had a VMO advancement done but there is also medial reefing and the LR.  I found that having the proximal and distal realigments done did not change the recovery time significantly from the distal realignment alone.  I did have more pain on the medial side and had trouble regaining control of my quad so it took a little longer for me to be able to do a SLR.  Once I was able to do that, I would say my recoveries were fairly comperable.  I was in a brace and on crutches for the same length of time for both surgeries. 

Good Luck with your surgery. 

Amy
Dec 98 - R and L knee LR and VMO advancement
Dec 00 - L knee TTT
May 02 - R knee TTT and VMO advancement
Dec 04 - R knee screw removal
still too many subluxations and dislocations
July 06 - R knee MPFL Reconstruction

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
Re: Proximal Soft Tissue and Distal Bony Realignment
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »
Jennifer,

Hi.  I agree with Amy, the TTT and bony realignment are one and the same procedure.  There are different types and also modifications to this procedure.  I've for instance had the fulkerson ttt, the tibial tubercle was moved medially and elevated to unload the patella & two screws were used to stabalize the leg.  Most of these procedures have a lateral release done at the same time.

Good luck with your procedure.  ~Shade

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/html/steps/step_05_patella/realignment03.html

google search distal realignment procedures or tibial tubercle transfers......
July '05†(RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06†(RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07†(LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

support