Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Boo Hoo I fell.... :-(  (Read 811 times)

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Boo Hoo I fell.... :-(
« on: May 28, 2006, 04:58:22 PM »
Was walking to my in-laws yesterday and it had been raining so the ground was wet.  I put my one crutch down and it slipped from underneath me  :'(  I instinctively put down my bad leg to steady myself and put a fair bit of weight on it quickly - jolting it.

I'm 12 weeks post surgery this week and am hoping to get the go-ahead to weightbear when I see my Dr on Wednesday.  It didn't hurt when I did it, but today it does feel stiff and slightly sore.  There's no swelling as far as I can see so I'm hoping I've not caused any damage.

I can't believe I've gone 12 weeks with no problems and now the last week I fell!  Also to add insult to injury I was at the in-laws when I did my TPF in the first place.

Anyone had any similar experience?  I'm thinking that as I'm 12 weeks then it should be fine, but I've got a worry at the back of my mind because it's sore today.

Hayley xx

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Boo Hoo I fell.... :-(
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 03:02:24 AM »
Sorry you're having more problems. When you start to weight bear there will be pain either right away or later.  Hoping you're just experiencing soreness from you knee not being used to having weight on it. 

Wishing you the best when you see our OS on Wednesday!!

HUGs

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline PoppetK

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Boo Hoo I fell.... :-(
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 09:32:41 AM »
Thanks for replying Rozzzie.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's all it is.  It feels better so far this morning but I've also not poked or moved it much as I don't want to aggrevate it.  My rational brain says that as I'm 12 weeks this week then it's probably just sore from weight-bearing but my irrational brain is worrying like mad that I've done something!  Although there is no swelling so I guess that must be a good sign.

Hayley xx