Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Easter Candy  (Read 8714 times)

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Easter Candy
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 06:22:32 AM »
I put 6 Peeps in the microwave today... but then we ate them so I dont feel too bad. When they shrink back up they kinda taste toasted :-/!

Im not a peep killin psyco, I promise!
Emily
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 06:23:21 AM by KneePain326 »
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline JenJen03

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 07:29:45 AM »
I have heard of other people saying the PEEPS are stale by the time they get them also.  They are produced and packaged right in my home state so i guess i never got a package that was stale.  But many of my friends will open the package and wait for them to become stale.  Microwaving them i have never done but it sounds like fun!  

On a kind of happy note the company the makes PEEPS is making the red, white, and blue (along with the normal colors) and sending them over to the troops fighting in the war.  A town in California is also doing this with Girl Scout Cookies.  I hope the troops enjoy the treats, they deserve it!!!

~Jen
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 07:30:33 AM by JenJen03 »
18 years old -- bi-lateral (both knees) LR on  8/8/02, Synvisc injections in May of 04  and still in major pain.

Offline chica_2626

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Why knees?
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 08:05:03 AM »
Since all of us are gettng older we don't really do baskets anymore.  All we really want are Starburst jelly beans so my mom just bought us a bag of em with a couple Cadbury eggs!  Yum!  It'll last me a while though!  Hey Emily...how long do you microwave them for??  I mean I don't want them blowing up!  I might buy a small package just to try it!

Rachel
Lateral Release Right Knee 6-21-02
Peroneal Brevis Tendon Repair Right Ankle 6-29-05

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2003, 03:07:10 PM »
For those who like or even better DISLIKE these peep things . Have a LOOK at this, it is SOOOO cool  8).
http://www.keypad.org/bunnies/index.html
followed by this
http://www.marks.networktel.net/main.html
This includes: nuking peeps, drowning them and MORE Fun ways to Kill or injure them!!! <He He He>  ;D
It is GREAT for a laugh.  ;D
Sharon
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 03:19:19 PM by Shazinoz »
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2003, 07:58:31 PM »
Ha Ha Shaz,

I had to send those on to my son and my brother and a couple of dieters I know.  thanks for sharing...Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2003, 12:40:47 AM »
Rachel- thye start to get big within about 10 seconds... But i just let them go and go until they stop getting bigger... I havenever had one explode in the microwave!

Shaz- Those sites are GREAT! Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2003, 12:45:20 AM by KneePain326 »
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2003, 05:29:14 AM »
I am glad that the site on how to kill peeps gave others a laugh (someone sent this to me a few years ago and I just had to find it again).
I thought it was funny (although I dont think we even have peeps here in OZ (not that I would know anyway as I HATE marshmallow).
LOL
Sharon  ;D
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2003, 12:32:03 AM »
 :)Yum, I just got done eating a nuked peep! Need some graham crackers and chocolate.....

cat
"Miserable malalignment"
 Lateral release, medial reefing, VMO advancement, and TTT-  3/2/04
Screw removal- 5/24/05
Cortisone injection to pes anserine- 7/27/05
Femoral derotation osteotomy, TTT revision- 10/18/07

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2003, 09:35:13 PM »
OK, I have a huge sweet tooth, so this might be a long post!

I love Peeps (especially stale ones :)!  I'm fussy about jellybeans... I only like Starburst and Smuckers, and I HATE black jellybeans.  I love the Cadbury's mini-eggs (the ones in little shells).  I also love Cadbury's cream eggs, though I must say that I'm very glad that they've come out with miniature ones... the big ones are a bit too much for my belly as I get older!  I like Mounds eggs and Reese's Peanut Butter eggs.  Oh, and I love those chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs that come in egg crates.

I love chocolate in general (especially dark), but I'm not a huge fan of chocolate bunnies... too big, I guess.  I like bite-sized pieces :).

Besides black jellybeans, I'm not real fond of spice jellybeans.  I don't like the malt-ball eggs (Whopper's eggs).  My mom loves them... she used to load my basket with them at Easter and I always gave them right back to her.  Guess she was pretty smart :).

Chocolate cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2003, 11:18:13 PM »
 ;DOOh, I love Robin eggs (malt balls). We used to lick them and smear them on our lips for pretend lipstick. Of course the colors were odd but we never cared and my kids don't either!

Black jelly beans, blah!!!
cat
"Miserable malalignment"
Screw removal- 5/24/05

SL99

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2003, 05:20:57 PM »
Jo I can send you some red licorice if you like from Darrel Lees or the other one too (our newsagent is also a Darrel Lees agent ;D).

LOL - I wish you hadn't said that mate!!! ;D

Actually my firend from Brissy is coming to stay with me in about a months time so I've told her to forget clothes and just fill here case with as much Darrel Lee as she can!!!  ;)

I love all this crazy Peep stuff by the way...I haven't a clue what they are but blowing them up somehow appeals to me.... ::)

Love.....Jo
xxx

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2003, 06:43:56 PM »
Oh Jo--Peeps are these nasty little marshmallow candies shaped like chicks and bunnies--and other Easter things, kind of squishy--and they are sugar coated in pastel colors.  I still think they are gross--it's like eating pure sugar...I need chocolate or nuts or caramel for candy to taste good to me...:)  Licorice is good too--I had the best, fresh cohocolate licorice over the weekend--yummy!

If you check out Shaz's decadent sites, you'll see pictures of the nasty little varmints...Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2003, 07:44:30 PM »
Oh, Sylvia,  Peeps aren't nasty. In fact I think I'll nip one their head's off right now...
cat
"Miserable malalignment"
Screw removal- 5/24/05

Offline LA2047

• Regular Poster
  • Why is the 3rd watch hand called the second hand?
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2003, 03:33:07 AM »
Ok, this is WAAAYY late, but I wasn't logging in much when the post started.   :(  AND since I work for a major candy company, I just HAD to comment.  ;)

I think I've mentioned before that I work for the Mars Company, so it does my heart good to hear how many of you like the Starburst jellybeans, Snickers eggs, and so on.  It's amazing I'm not 500 pounds with as much candy flows around the office day in and day out.  Imagine working in a place that smells like M&Ms all day!  Oh man, all the free junk food you can eat!  We have a room in the building here that's chock-full of all the products we make: Snickers, Milky Way (both Midnight and regular), every kind of M&Ms (including 55 custom colors that don't appear in the usual bag), Dove ice cream and Dove chocolate, Starburst, Skittles, 3 Musketeers, Mars bars, Twix bars, "Cookies&" bars, and a couple products we're only just about to roll out (one is a health bar styled after the Snickers bar and another is a solid chocolate bar to compete with the Hershey's bar).  By the way, if anyone who likes Starburst chews hasn't tried the "Starburst & Cream,"  OMH they're good!!  ;D lol  We also make M&Ms in color mixes inspired by all manner of things.  For example, we make a mix inspired by the Disney characters- so we'd have one that's mostly red and black, with a little yellow thrown in that would be Mickey Mouse; a blue and white with a bit of darker yellow would be for Donald Duck, etc.  We make these in custom colors and ship them to Disney locations all over the world for sale in their shoppes.  You can even get custom printing on M&Ms now - instead of the little "m" you can have "love you" or "Happy Birthday" (which by the way we also have a custom mix for), or even "I want a divorce" if you choose to go that way.   ::)

There are also NFL mixes that display all the colors of the American football teams.  With the increase in popularity that the NASCAR industry has experienced, we're also doing more with that area (I'm sitting her watching one of our actual, full-sized NASCAR cars being moved into the office lobby on the other side of the room).

So I guess I should start taking orders for free "samples?"  LOL.  I don't have licorice, but FREE CANDY ANYONE??!!  :D :D :D
Complete PCL & LCL rupture, partial MCL rupture, December 2001 (car meets motorcycle - man meets freeway).  LCL reco 3/02 (donor graft), PCL reco 5/02 (donor graft).  Motorcycle, R.I.P.

Offline cat

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2003, 04:45:09 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yum, candy!! Feel free to send any extras my way!
cat
"Miserable malalignment"
Screw removal- 5/24/05