Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Spinal Stenosis  (Read 974 times)

Offline tsoutsou

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Spinal Stenosis
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:07:33 PM »
I had TKR 5 months ago and I am still hurting.
My OS ordered a MRI and he tells me ,now, that I have three spurs on my 1,2,3,vertebrea and that is why my back and leg hurts.
I would like to communicate with anyone that has all  similar or part of my problem.
Tsoutsou

Offline laxplayer5

• Regular Poster
Re: Spinal Stenosis
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »
Yeah I have it too. This totally sucks. If I lay a crtain way I am paralyzed from the waist down for like 30 mintutes. So now I have to have meniscus repair and spinalfusion. First for meniscus repair I will be wearing a knee immobilizer for two months and non-weightbearing fro a month. Then from spinal fusion I will have to stay in the hospital for a week in a milwaukee brace. After that I will have to wear a TLSO brace. I will not be able to move my neck, back, either of my hips, and my left knee. I will be totally wheelchair relient. :'( I'm so scared

Best of LUck,

Keith 
December 01-Chromadic Pattela tracking problem
January 06- Tear in Patellar Tendon (no surgery
Febuary 06-Paralysis Sprees gone now
March 06- knee tendinitis in L and R
August 06- suspected meniscus tear

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:22:24 PM »
Here's the contact info for the doctor that has improved surgery for spinal stenosis.  My friend is really glad that she had the surgery.  The doctor travels worldwide to perform his technique.
 It's Carl Lauryssen,  Tower orthopedic 8760 Wilshire bl. suite 202,310-8550751, Beverly Hills Ca. 90211.   
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 02:50:23 AM »
I would not be able to say for sure that all post op pain that remains is the result of the spurs, etc, as those are part of aging, wearing out and arthritis. Plus any trauma or repeated trauma takes it toll on the joints and cervical and lumbar spine, esp. I have had unrelenting pain since before the knee tkr. Did you have the same pain prior to the surgery, and was it ever relieved by the tkr? I have a cervical spine spur and often awaken unable to reach over and pick up or turn off the alarm clock, as my hands are clumbsy and numb. In addition, that particular spur limits time on a computer, etc. The ones I have in my back, cause me to have legs that feel like I have had a spinal for anesthesia when I am in bed, and that each leg weights about five hundred pounds and that I cannot move them, but with determination I can . Feel free to IM me and I will provdie more detailed info, ask questions and offer what ever I might know THanks Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

support