Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 15 days hardware pre op.  (Read 623 times)

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Limping, but walking!!!
15 days hardware pre op.
« on: May 24, 2006, 03:50:38 AM »
Hey all!
 I an doing pretty good. I got my staples out friday. Greatful for that irritating things. I am able to bend my knee more and  wear pants etc since they came out. My rom went from 115 to 125 in two days. I knew the hardware was restricting it. I walk much better and lesslimp. I can do stairs better. The only problem I had is they took out the staples and had a little over lap on the curve part of cut well they put those strips on and sais 7-10 days well they all are off already and I have a small opening in inscion yet so I pushed it together and used med tape to hold it. It seems to be doing the trick. They are not concened, I cover it cause I don't want infecton. I have lost 1\3 of patella 40% of quad muscle and I have to work on leg lifts to get strenght back so I can not limp and not have give outs. Leg raises to help with the muscle on right side of knee(not sure what he called it). I have to be able to do 250-500 a day before I go back in 6 weeks. I am up to about 50 then break for a while then another 20 then leg shakes. Thats my sign time to stop and rest that knee. It swells but always will he said. walking just help mantain muscle I alreadt have so I do it until I limp more. I am on the road to recovery after this op hopefulty the last one for awhile. I did notice that my knee twists at times though. Anyone have that after?  Just  wanted to let you all know how I was doing. Thanks for all your support
BikerSmurf ;)
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 15 days hardware pre op.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »
HEY Bikersmurf !!

Great to hear from you. Sounds like the hardware removal did the trick for you. You have a lot of rehab still to get back on track but you seems to do well.
Hope all continues improve. Keep us updated please.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.