Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Jax

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • I REALLY hate my knee!
Hi, I'm new here
« on: April 22, 2003, 02:12:34 PM »
HI everyone,
My name is Jax and I found this site whilst looking 4 info on a TTT which I'm due to have on May 22. I was hoping to meet some people who have had it/can tell me some about it?
I'm a 23 yr old teacher and have had knee problems for about 10 years, several dislocations and 2 LR ops. Have been told that the TTT is only option.
I'm so glad that I've found you lot coz no-one I know really has any idea what I go through - just because you can't see anything wrong doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt like hell!!
Please get in touch if you have any info or just want to chat Thanks
Jax x
Dislocation of R knee 93; Several more 93-95; LR 94; more dislocations/maltracking
Fracture kneecap 96; LR 96; Yet more troubles
TTT and LR May 03. Jul 04 - oh god, the other one has gone wrong now!

Offline Liz_-_UK

• Forum Faithful
  • Together is the bestest place to be
Re: Hi, I'm new here
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 05:35:24 PM »
Hi Jax,

Wow - you sound like me! I had two LRs before going on to the TTT and although the first one didn't work, largely cos my surgeon was a bit crp, the second one, with another LR, seems to have done the trick.

After the latest one my surgeon told me the key was that he checked alignment before closing up, which sounds a bit obvious but apparently they don't all do. I had to sign a special bit on the consent form for it and they atttached electrodes to my quads so they could stimulate them when i was under anaesthetic and see how it was tracking - might be worth asking your surgeon about.

Feel free to post or message me if you have any questions or just want to talk.

Take care,
Liz
xxx
03/95 - LR on left knee, 08/95 - LR on right knee, 03/98 - failed TTT left knee. Several scopes. 12/01 TTT and LR on left knee. Great for a while but now more problems.

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 07:18:17 PM »
Hi Jax & welcome to the board

I'm hopeing (NHS depending) to have a TTT done this year, what type are you having done?

I've had 3 failed LR's so I can understna you feel & I've had bad knees for around 7 years as well.

I'm sure you'll find the group fantastic for support & info.

Iona

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 01:36:21 AM »
Hi Jax,

Me too--LR, both knees--finally am at the tkr stage.  Had my left one in December and my right will be done in July.

I'm a teacher too--a bit older and well,  more "vintage" at it than you--lol, but it does add a few things to the mix.   I am teaching Title 1  Reading/ Reading Recovery this year--benn at this profession since 1979.

Welcome aboard--I haven't went the TTT route so I can't help much, but a little browsing on these threads will get you a big range of experiences with this.

Take care, Sylvia

Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Donna

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 06:30:45 AM »
Hi Jax,

Welcome to the board. This is the right place to get info on knee stuff. I had a TTT with lateral release in April 02. I had another open lateral relase February of 03. I would be glad to answer any questions you have about the TTT. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want.

Donna
4/88 menis, chondroplasty,
10/01 menis, chondroplasty
2/02 microfrac,chondro,menis,
4/02 Fulkerson TTT, LR, microfrac,
2/03 open LR,fat pad removal, lysis,menis Still need more surgery.

support