Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What's your favorite breakfast?  (Read 36018 times)

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
What's your favorite breakfast?
« on: April 16, 2003, 05:25:04 AM »
Hi!

When I'm counting calories--like virtually all of the time, my favorite breakfast is a pumpkin smoothie.

When I'm not worrying about calories--I choose pancakes with hot syrup and blueberries and sausage links.  Yummy

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Stacey

Re: What's your favorite breakfast?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 06:39:38 AM »
Breakfast when you dont care about calories -> At school they have belgium waffles with either chocolate ships, butterscotch topping and whipped cream or fress fruit and whipped cream.  Its soo good

Stacey

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 05:39:52 PM »
Hey!

I'm a very "seasonal" breakfast eater :).  On weekends, my hubby and I make fried eggs, sausage or bacon, and fried potatoes... killer!  During the week, I'll eat either oatmeal or cereal depending on whether I'm cold or hot that day :).  But my all-time favorite is my grandma's biscuits and sausage gravy... mmm!  

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 09:35:12 PM »
during soccer tournaments, one of my teammates would bring a blender to the hotel and make breakfast shakes.  They had fruit, yogurt, and some type of cereal.  They were great pre-game.  We tried various combos, my favorite was strawberrys, vanilla yogurt, and fruit loops.  We learned pretty early on not to use rice krispies.  They have alot of yeast in them, so when they get wet, they expand and release gas.  So we made a couple of big messes in some hotel rooms.  ;D
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline Emily

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 12:22:39 AM »
Im not really a breakfast person... Some days when I am hungry before school I eat a frogen "Gogurt"(which is like yogurt in a tube so you dont need a spoon). Sometimes on the weekends Ill eat some pancakes... but probally 3/4 of the time I dont like breakfast.

Emily
Right Knee- 10-14-03- LR, TTO, Scope, Plica excision
               4-20-04- Scope, screw removal, scar tissue clean up

Left knee- subluxing, maltracking & malaligned-not ready to start treatmet..

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 12:35:32 AM »
I am not a breakfast person either, I just eat some toast with cheese or strawberry jam. I can't eat at 6am!!! The only time I can eat some decent breakfast is when I am on holidays, then i could eat eggs, toast, tomatos...etc

Stacey, I live in Belgium but NEVER ate belgium waffles as breakfast, uuuuuuuuuuugh... ;D
Helena
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 07:14:39 AM »
I'm not really a breakfast person but sometimes on Sundays my parents will get fresh bagels and cream cheese and that is my absolute favorite breakfast and I'm always willing to eat on those days!!

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Rich_NYC

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 07:44:04 AM »
I am not big on breakfast, except for one thing.  MUST have coffee, lots of coffee.  Black, no sugar and strong enough to dissolve paint ;D.  About 2 hours later I can think about food at which time I like fried scrapple, home fried potatos and scrambled eggs (and of course more coffee :o).  Not a very healthful diet  :-[but I only indulge on occasion ;).
Rich
scope to repair 2 meniscal tears (didn't help the pain]; post-patellar osteoarthritis

SL99

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 02:57:24 PM »
LoL - Rich that sounds like my breakfasts, especially when I've pulled an all nighter on the motor sport work and need to keep my eyes open another 24 hours!! ;)

Again, I'm not normally a big breakfast fan, ocassionally grabbing a slice of toast, but normally it's just a drink and then a snack mid morning - nota good example I know! The only times I do eat Brekkie is when I'm holiday, and it's really starnge becasue at home I can't face food until at least 10-11am sometime later but on hols I'll happily tuck away a fried breakfast at 7-8am!!

My favourite breakfast though would have to be, up in tropical North Queensland, where I was treat to beautiful arrays of fresh fruit whilst sitting overlooking the reef and surounded by rainforest and birds. Not that's what I call a breakfast!! ;D

Love.....Jo
xxx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2003, 02:58:17 PM by SL99 »

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 08:42:04 PM »
OK--

I have to admit that the indulgent side of me is intrigued by the Belgian waffles with chocolate chipe--and whipped topping, how about a bit of ice cream--tee hee.  We could call it pain or stress relief.

I never used to eat a decent breakfast, but the fine folks at Weight Watchers convinced me that it was in my best interest and I'm on the road to better habits.  I'm trying hard not to let nay of my issues be caused by me these days--gotta blame somebody else ;) ::)

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 11:43:31 AM »
I'm not exactly a breakfast person, I prefer somthing mid morning but what I do like to eat arounf that time is bacon sandwich with smokey bacon & a small dollop of ketchup.

If that isn't possible I like toast with vegemite or marmite & when we are in Edinburgh we have waffles with maple syrup.

I'm really hungry now after mentioning all that!

Iona

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2003, 06:39:52 AM »
Breakfast for years consisted of a cup of black coffee strong enough to break out of the cup if not wolfed down fast and a cigarette.  Now I have the low calorie version, I have deleted the cigarette!

Eating is a highly over rated activity and I think a pastry and more coffee after ten in the morning is probably a lot safer than my culinary efforts in the dark and drear.
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Offline Ross

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • it only hurts when I larf!
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2003, 06:45:36 AM »
My daughter was asked to define a "healthy" breakfast by her kindergarten teacher a bunch of years back, black coffee, croissant and a cigarette did not score too high let me tellya!

She and I used to have breakfast on the balcony of our flat after I'd got back from working all night when I was studying.  She'd get the croissant and I'd get the cigarette.

Now she is the only one in the family who smokes and I don't eat croissants before ten.
I'm a grumpy old bear with a busted knee.  The growling you hear is my tummy rumbling!

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2003, 05:24:05 AM »
For me it would have to be COLD plain Milk with Bacon and Eggs (poached eggs). Or pancakes with lemon and sugar or golden syrup or Cereal (I eat Weet-bix in winter (with boiling water over them until they are HOT and soggy, the Cold milk and sugar) and in the summer it is some kind of thing like cornflakes or rice bubbles or at them moment Crunchy nut cornflakes and Cold milk). I also enjoy croissants (with ham and cheese), english muffins adn crumpets and toast.
LOL when I am up early enought ot eat breakfast <LOL>.
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2003, 10:35:33 AM »
I am off work this morning so I am have croissants & butter for breakfast, 2 rasher of bacon & a poached egg, I never have stuff like this normally but sometimes the fancy take you doesn't it!

Iona

Offline ergomaniac

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
    • RehabMatters
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2003, 12:09:54 PM »
I usually have to leave for work before 7am and am often not home until 9/10pm (that's commuting into London on a train for at least 4 hours each day for you!!) and it's always a case of shall I set the alarm for half and hour earlier and have breakfast or have an extra half hour sleep. With the interruptions with my knee - sleep always wins!  ::)

About the only time I get to eat a really good breakfast is when I'm working away from home and staying in a hotel - for some reason if it's been paid for you've just got to get your monies worth !  ;D ;D

If I had to choose I think some nice crispy rashers of that canadian maple bacon with scrambled egg and hash browns would be my favourite.

Went to USA last year and had scones and grits - sorry, no offense to anyone, but yuuuuuuugh :P

Ergo

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2003, 06:54:46 PM »
Ergo, you're the only person I know who commutes as long as I do.  On days when I'm going into DC, I have a 2-hour commute each way (40 minute drive, 1 hr 15 minute train ride).  Just wanted to say... I sympathize!!!

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Iona_-Uk

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2003, 09:04:23 PM »
I commute an hour each way from my house to work- it's a nightmare can take 2 on a bad morning but I grab a slice of toast at work.

Sleep would win with me too though if I had a choice!

Iona

Offline pirate

• Regular Poster
  • Keep Smilling
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2003, 12:46:20 AM »
I'm very naughty with breakfast, either a full english or a bacon and fried egg sandwich. :-[ Naughty I know.
Caroline

Would list my knees history, but there just aint enough characters. Lets just say my knees are knackered.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2003, 04:30:40 AM »
I generally eat mine in the car on the way to work--I do not have time to eat while I'm getting my kids ready for school but cannot survive the day without breakfast since i started Weight Watchers.

I'd go nuts on a 2 hour commute--ugh, it would challenge my need to do too much cause there's not much you can use that time for, is there?  (Although if somebody else was driving and I could read or crochet or do paperwork, that might work  out--for a while...)

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
R TKR revisio

shadehawk

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 02:18:14 AM »
On Sundays, I love getting up and having pancakes and syrup with bacon and eggs and a large glass of cold milk.

Good job I do not do this every Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Offline MedicJess

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • links to post-op pics here too
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 07:04:01 AM »
Ohhh..fun thread! lol.. I'm not a breakfast person either, but then again, I work night shift!
So my breakfast usually consists of me oversleeping, racing to the car to grab some McDonalds (chicken sandwhich) or Toxic..errr.. Taco Bell (chili cheese burrito) and always with a cherry pepsi.

How's that for breakfast!? LOL
Jessie
4/96 - sports accident involving LK
6/96- LK scope and "chondromalacia", patellar chondroplasty,
ongoing- bilateral PFS, osteoarthritis, patella alta
12/04- LK LR and TTT
03/25/05 - LK scar tissue removal, patellar chondroplasty, and limited synovectomy for extreme synovitis

ariel

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 01:55:47 AM »
Not entirely sure - some candidates:

Cereal
Fried breakfast
Toast

Not keen on Roast dinner or steak or anything for breakfast though.

carol j

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »
Week days.......very hot strong dark roast coffee. :)
Sundays....... brunch with my legally blind 84 year old Mom...anything she cooks is fantastic. Macular degeneration is horrible! >:(

Offline lilrosie06

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIVE WELL. LAUGH OFTEN. LOVE MUCH.
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 05:07:41 AM »
Not a breakfast person...start my day with a big glass of iced tea....healthy, huh??

Donna
LEFT KNEE INJURY-1-05
SCOPE 4-05, LR 1-07, TKR 6-07, MUA 7-07, REVISION 10-07, INFECTION CLEANOUT 11-07, REVISION 4-08, EXPLANT 2-09 ANTIBIOTIC SPACER PUT IN, AND PICC LINE FOR 6 WEEKS
REPLACEMENT 5-09

BACK IN PT NOW....HIP AND FOOT PAIN, POSSIBLY SCIATIC

Offline RickyHouse

• Regular Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 03:37:18 AM »
bacon and cheese omelet...hash browns and sometimes a little biscuit with gravy on the side..YUMM
L knee scope 11/06/06
L knee Scope , Lateral release and TTT 08/20/07
Started therapy 09/08/07

coolmum

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 12:34:57 AM »
In summer we rely on our bar-b-que!  We wake up and my husband makes his own hash brown and pancakes. WE get the kids to get the eggs from the chook pen (mmmm fresh bum-nuts).  We get bacon and seasoned tomatoes, and mushrooms and chuck it all on the barbie.  Best breaky ever!  Beautiful summer mornings outside cooking up a bar-b-que breaky followed by a day at the beach and a thunderstorm in the arvo.  YOU BEAUTY!

cel
 ;)

Offline stickshifty

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 04:16:42 AM »
Anything that's not a Slim Fast shake. I down one of those in the morning on my way to school. I like my daddy's French toast and my Mexican friend's mom makes a MEAN Mexican breakfast. So good.
7.22.2004: horseback riding accident :(
5.9.2008: scope + plica removal on left knee.
12.16.2008: de-plica-tize my right knee.
3.14.2011: lateral release + medial plication on left knee.

It's great to be a Tennessee Vol!!!!

Offline MartinsGirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Live, love, laugh!!! Life is amazing!!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 09:39:26 PM »
This is an easy one. Bacon (cripsy), eggs (scrambled) and toast (white).  I don't drink coffee or tea, so it would have to be apple juice or orange juice (no pulp) as my beverage.

By the way, 3 of my favourite words are "All.....Day....Breakfast!!!!"
-July '07-soccer injury
- microfracture of thetibial plateau
- arthroscopy in Oct. '07 (remove torn cartilage and repair microfracture)
-developed AF but beat it (avoided surgery)
[img width=200 height=136]http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/504/504056crsfyif

Offline bleslie98

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:13:49 PM »
OH, my favorite breakfast is a western omelete.

Bev
1-01 Bilateral Severe Arthritis
8-03 Menisectomy RK
10-06 Menisectomy LK
9-18-2007 bilateral TKR

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2008, 12:56:17 AM »
oh dear I have terrible breakfast habits it looks like!!

on weekends I will have eggs and potatoes.

week days depends.... I always have coffee and juice.
and other then that pretty much anything....I have been known to have cold chinese food, pizza or ice cream. I really dig leftovers the next morning and it confuses my fiance to no end because I never reheat them. LOL

I know its pretty gross but oh well I also eat breakfast food for dinner so I'm sorta backwards!!  ;D

Offline Headache 0121

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi all

When I have the time a big breakfast with 2 rashers unsmoked back bacon, 2 pork sausages, baked beans, egg (fried or omletted), half a piece of fried bread and 2 white toast, washed down with a cup of PG tips tea.
My other favourite is 2 pieces of toast grilled with cheddar cheese and covered in hot baked beans.
No time means cereal (weetabix with milk and honey) or toast, but I always start the day with breakfast as it kick-starts the metabolism which helps keep the weight down.

D
May 2007 Arthroscopy & debridement (R)
May 2008 Microfracture and LR (R)

Offline subail

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • The glass is always half full!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »
If there's time homemade pancakes and pancetta......

No time is cereal or toast and coffee...
Dislocation of left patella and as a result left patellar tendon rupture in the medial section/torn at both ends.
3 Previous surgeries-semitendiosis tenodesis
Reconstruction surgery left knee October 10 '07
TKR right knee May 25 '10.....successful!
Limited ROM/TKR left knee May 25 2015...successful.

Offline dallen

• Forum Faithful
  • Making progress, one day at a time!
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 12:49:50 AM »
Bacon, eggs, potatoes, gravy, biscuits

However, when I'm trying to be a bit more healthy, oatmeal with a lite sweetner.  ;)
Jul11 patella break;ruptured quads,pat tendon;immobilizer;NWB
16 Surg,patella rep w/sutures
29 Staples out;full brace
31 PT;30deg
Aug15 60d
21 WBAT;1crutch
28 no crutches;87d
Sep9 Sm brace
19 98deg;pushed pedal round!
22 105d
25 NoBrace
Oct6 114
Nov3 131
Dec 4 138, Ext-4, Released PT

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 12:27:04 AM »
I physically can't eat anything when I get up in the mornings.  Regardless how much I like something, it can't be near my mouth right after getting out of bed!!

School days:  usually nothing (typically have fresh fruit in between some morning classes)

Weekends: cold cereal, possibly pancakes (if i'm ambitious enough)

All time favorite breakfast is a ham and cheese omelet with crispy hashbrowns and wheat toast.....washed down with ICE COLD milk  YUMM
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline FindnNemo91

• Forum Faithful
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 03:40:34 AM »
sausage gravy aka biscuits n gravy

gotta love that artery cloggin southern food. ;D

jak
TTT/Lateral Release/Chondroplasty:May 15th, 2009
Brostrom Reconstruction: Oct 16th, 2009

~United States Army~
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009, 03:26:14 PM »
I like a typical English breakfast but dont have it all the time just sometimes as its bad for your health.

Bacon, sausages, fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes and an omelette with 2 slices of toast with butter, I dont like baked beans that many people have with an english breakfast. A glass of orange juice goes well with the breakfast followed by a nice mug of ground coffee.

Nick :) {2009} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

Offline tensailswim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 12:57:43 AM »
A couple of cups of good java, cornmeal pancakes with Vermont Maple Syrup, and sausage.

Offline travelthomas

• Regular Poster
  • Thomas
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 08:27:28 AM »
My chicken's eggs scrambled with vegetables, olive oil, and Italian spices.
Diagnosed Celiac Disease 2003
9/3/12 - Construction Accident - Tibia Plateau Fracture + Fib Frac
9/5/12 - External Fixation
9/20/12 - 2 plates, 11+ screws (3 1/2 hour surgery)
10/3/12 - Staples removed, ROM 41, swollen knee
10/31/12 - No more brace, ROM 60, swollen knee

support