Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Had my second orthovisc  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Had my second orthovisc
« on: December 19, 2005, 02:37:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

Well, I had my second orthovisc injection on Thursday and the injection itself once again wasn't bad at all. When I told my OS that I had some sensitivity at the injection site the night of the first injection he sprayed the freezing spray extra long and that eliminated that pain. This time I did feel a very strange and rather uncomfortable sensation as the needle went into my joint and he pushed in the orthovisc. It wasn't painful, just kind of a feeling of pressure. After it however, I had alot of pain again especially the next day. It was really hard for me to weightbear but I was very badly needed at work so calling in wasn't an option. At least I was put in to sub in a classroom with a wonderful class and a desk right in front of the room that I perched myself on and taught from for most of the day. Tonight I'm in utterly excruciating pain and have no pain meds at all to take. This is all from having the nerve to go holiday gift shopping today. I'm seriously considering calling a new pain management doctor tomorrow to see if I can get an appt this week. I would call the one I was seeing but I tried his office a few weeks ago and found out that with his office hours I'd have to take a day off of work to see him and I just can't do that right now. I found another pain management center that is widely advertised around here and sounds like it's very good. I know the orthovisc may help but I need some kind of help in the meantime.

Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: Had my second orthovisc
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 05:04:52 AM »
Hi Sharon

I had synvisc 2 yrs ago. My first injection was OK with the pressure under the patella and soreness for 2 days , but tolerable. The second injection was horrible. It was given by my doc's partner in a different location...above the patella. It was extremely painful. I couldn''t bend my knee afterwards. I had to manually move my knee back and forth. I was on crutches 2 days and was 4-5 days before I could bend enough to do stairs. The 3rd injection was like the 1st one....pressure and soreness for 2 days. It's amazing how different each injection can be. Unfortunately, the injections did nothing for me.

I hope you have good results.

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA
openLOA,prox Zplasty
openLOA, 6 neuromas excised,synov
3 Fusions

Offline shade

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • An obstacle is often a stepping stone.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 02:44:05 PM »
Sharon,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the injections.  I did get tender where the injection site was, but did not have this type of pain.  Hope that it settles down before your next injection.   I felt the third injection going in - it was like he rushed the needle and the fluid was going into my knee too fast. 
Hope you get some pain management soon - maybe that will really help also.  Let us know how you are doing.....  ~Shade
July '05 (RK) - LR/debridement
Mar '06 (RK) - Open LR + Allograft w/OBI TruFit Plug + Fulkerson TTT
 Feb '07 (LK) - LR + Fulkerson TTT

knee deep in Goo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 03:08:20 AM »
I wonder how you made out with this 

support