Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Has anyone ever had Dr. Edward M. Wojtys from Ann arbor?  (Read 4929 times)

Offline cindi790

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Has anyone ever had Dr. Edward M. Wojtys from Ann arbor?
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:01:04 AM »
I am due to meet with Dr. Edward M. Wojtys on Thursday. I can't seem to find out any reviews for him other than his credentials. That helps and tells me that his the almighty for Ann Arbor or at least that how it seems, but has anybody ever seen him, and what was the experience like. I am still freaking out from the crisis room. Still just looking for answers, but this is non emergency, just really want info if possible. I seen his name pop up in couple of posts that he did surgery, but not a lot about the one on one. Or what ever you want to call it.

Any comments? Anybody?

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 20
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: Has anyone ever had Dr. Edward M. Wojtys from Ann arbor?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:13:28 AM »
You need to contact Janet, Nick33, and Kath they see Dr Wojtys. Check their thread out at:

www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=21786.0

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec
MCL,revison LOA
openLOA,prox Zplasty
openLOA, 6 neuromas excised,synov
3 Fusions

Offline brattkids

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • here's to a pain free tomorrow!!! Savvy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:04:06 PM »
There are some poeple who have had great experiences with him but I did not.

I was there for over 4 hours before he even came into the room and checked things out and I was made to feel like I was wasting his time.

I'm not trying to put him down or anything but it was like he didnt even want to be bothered helping me. He might have just been having a bad day.
4/04 microfracture
5/04 debris removal
8/04 OATS with synthetic plugs
11/04 OATS traditional autograft medial femoral chondyle
05/05 debris removal and OATS assessment
6/05 Cadaver Allograft OATS lateral femoral chondyle
9/05 OATS redone could not save allograft plug
12/2006 2007 and 2008 scop

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:21:51 AM »
Dr. Wojtys has been my doctor for the last three years. I was referred to him by my last OS when she was stumped. "Bratt2kids" is right that you'll have to wait a long time (but I've always had to wait at any OS office). I have never felt rushed when it was finally my turn with Dr. Wojtys. Everyone at Medsport is pleasant, from the receptionists to the PAs to the PTs to the doctors. I have had really good results with Dr. Wojtys, and have recommended him to others. That's not to say that I have never had some frustration, but that has been more because of my problems than with the doctor himself. He definitely won't recommend surgery if he doesn't think it has an excellent chance of making you better.

Bring a book or crossword puzzles or something and plan on a wait. It's just the way it is. But I always figure that I'm willing to wait because he gives me time when it is my turn. Be organized and ready for your time with him. Make sure you have a list of questions ready. As long as you keep asking, he'll keep answering! Then the PA will stay, so you can ask more questions or for clarication if needed. I once had a PA stay and work things through with me for 30 minutes.

Good luck on Thursday. Please let us know what he says.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline cindi790

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 06:00:12 PM »

Sorry I has taken me so long to reply. I did meet with him last month. He seemed very nice, but did make a comment that the other doctor should have never done the surgery in the first place. He did send me right over to the casting room where I thought that I may die during that process. When I came in I was in a wheel chair and bent (leg) and very stiff I could not straighten it at all at this point since I was not given any advise from the provious doctor as to what to do with my self.

After I completely freaked out and thought that they would throw me out on my ear for being a bad patient, I have met the most wonderful patient people you could ever imagine in that casting room. Nobody had lunch that day, but they still say hi to me everytime I come in. Even the dr. has passed in the hall and said hi to me. I really liked the doctor even though I have not really seen him for treatment since.

The PA that was with him was Dr. Susan Mann and she even stuck with me the whole day. What a way to make a name for yourself huh. I prefer not to go nito the gory details but it was was one heck of a long day.

Since the cast I have my hubby drive my to Ann Arbor once per week, 1.5 hrs each way, but I have never found a therapy team like these people ever. They are the best, and I have been to my sheare of doctors and thereapist for my problems. I have never met any bunch that is so concerened about me.

They rearrange their schedules to accomidate me, and they even have meetings about me prior to my arrival to figure what plan of action to take in the next week. I would highly reccomend Medsport to anybody. Unfortunately you will have to wait till I get better before I am giving up my therapists name ( I get to be little selfish if I so say so myself). But when this is over she, and the rest of the people will be getting more business than they will probably want, and probably a few gifts that they are probaly not supposed to accept.

I have never been treated so well at any medical place ever in my life, if it wern't for them I know I would have given up a long time ago.

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »
Cindi:

I'm so glad you've had a positive experience. I told you the people at Medsport were incredible! I drove an hour three times a week to have PT there for months. In fact, Dr. W told me he wouldn't do my last surgery unless I came to Ann Arbor for my PT.

Hope it all has an excellent outcome for you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Janet

P.S.  I'll find myself in PT there once again sometime this fall. I am planning to have a TKR soon.
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

support