Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT, Lateral Release, and Scope tomorrow!  (Read 842 times)

Offline J ernie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TTT, Lateral Release, and Scope tomorrow!
« on: May 23, 2006, 05:18:34 PM »
I'm having a tibial tubercle osteotomy, a lateral release (VMO advancement) and a scope to remove two loose peices of bone on my right knee tomorrow. This is my first surgery and I'm starting to get a great deal of anxiety. Any words of encouragement or helpful pieces of advice? I have spent a lot of time reading the post-op diaries, and I believe those will be a huge source of help.

Offline ccondon

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: TTT, Lateral Release, and Scope tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 07:20:43 PM »
 I wish you the best of luck tomorrow! I had the same thing done in October. Believe me, it is an extrememly long recovrey, but worth it! Make sure you follow all of your post op instructions and if you can have someone with you or quick access to you for the first week. if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I am a 24 year old girl who had her fifth surgery being a TTT, lateral release. I had my left knee done and still need my right, but after the last one I wanna wait a little while. Goodluck!! :)
99' left LR
00' right LR
02' right torn meniscus
04' left torn meniscus
10/27/05 TTT & VMO

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Re: TTT, Lateral Release, and Scope tomorrow!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »
Wishing you good luck tomorrow!!  I've had an LR/TTT on both of my knees and i can understand what kind of stress you're feeling.  the best advice i have for you is to go in there tomorrow with a positive attitude.  simplying having the mindset of "ok after all of this is done, i can have my life back!"  just take care of yourself and take it easy the first few weeks.  you dont want to overdo it, trying to prove you're superman won't get you anywhere except on the couch full of pain meds!! :P

stay strong and know that you can survive the discomfort for a little while when you get your life back in the end.  best of luck and keep us all posted about your surgery!!
~mandy :D
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)