Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: General Rant  (Read 985 times)

Offline katuc

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Just wanna smile
General Rant
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »
Well i'm still waiting for that elusive MRI, i've been waiting for 2.5 months now and i've just been told it'll be at least another couple of months because I classify as non urgent. And then of course after that you have to wait for an appointment to see the doctor to get the results, so basically since my first referral, (Which took years and years to get) I'll have been waiting almost a year before they even decide whats wrong with it. That is of course if the MRI shows anything up. I'm so bored of living with this now, it effects every moment of my life waking and not sleeping.  My boyfriend is getting pissed off as are my friends and flatmates, cos i can't do anything and i'm complaining about my knee all the bleedin time, i'm even pissing myself off about it now.
Sorry I know that ranting on here wont make it any better and there is no wonder cure or miracle answer it's just good to vent everynow and again at people who arent my family.
Will anyone ever believe me :(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: General Rant
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:23:21 PM »
If you have any possibility at all can you seek private help ?
Does your knee prevent you from working..maybe there's something you can do to apply to get in earlier. I know this with waiting, it's not fun and not human at all.
Calling and complaining that you are in pain can sometimes help get time earlier. Worth a try at least. Hope you get appointment soon.

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline pauldfc

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
I know everythign you are going through. The NHS are a joke and its taking ages for appointements. My girlfriend is sick of me cause i cant do normal things like go shoping for hours and even my sex life is suffering. My social life is bad cause i used to play football 3/4 days a week and the team i play for have already won a Cup and looking to win the league on saturday and im not apart of it cause of my injury.

We all feel the same pain.
Mniscus removed form right knee
Miniscus removed from left knee
ACL ruptured left knee
ACL recon left knee

Back playing football, 5 times a week and arguably as fit as i was!!

Offline eddy90

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »
I've been told i have to wait a couple of months for an MRI scan on the NHS so im thinking of getting it done privatly. These peole seem to be the cheapest at 198 http://www.cobaltappeal.com/mrip_referralprocess.htm

Offline katuc

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Just wanna smile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:39:02 AM »
Thanks for that but after a 3 month wait and being told it'll be another 2 months, i've finally got a date through for 6th June, so i've decided ranting is the way to go.
Will anyone ever believe me :(

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:22:22 PM »
Great to hear !! Not long until then. Hang in there !!

HUGS NETTAN  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support