Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Severe knee pain  (Read 880 times)

Offline pashumar

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Severe knee pain
« on: May 21, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »
5 weeks ago I experience an unusual lower leg pain that eventually localized to the left knee. The pain became severe to the point I walk with a painful limp. I went to my PCP and he sent me for an MRI. It showed a large joint effusion and the bone marrow signal shows evidence of a subchondral/osteochondral lesion in the posterior portion of the medial condyles. The pain is increasing which makes it very difficult to work. I'm standing 8-12 hours a day. My PCP ordered Naprosym B.I.D  which is of no help except burning indigestion. My appointment with the orthopod is not for10 weeks the soonest available. I don't know how to handle work and the pain for the next 10 weeks?  Is there anything I can do? 

Offline sheri l

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Severe knee pain
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:48:02 AM »
Hi all that technical stuff sounds pretty scary.  Cant help u there but I had horrible indigestion with my pain meds and it was sorted out immediately with a new prescription.  Get on the phone to your surgery today.  There are other options... my relief (both pain and indigeston) was immediate.  This kind of thing happens... and your surgery will know how to help.
Good Luck
Sheri L
skiing injury 16 mar 06,
 unhappy triad,
acl healing response repair 3 May 06