Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Just a Quickie  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Lizzie - UK

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Fibromyalgia diagnosed Dec 2003 - OA in both knees
    • E30 Zone
Just a Quickie
« on: April 15, 2003, 06:16:19 AM »
Does anyone else suffer from knee problems, pain etc, but with no swelling whatsoever?

Ever since I can remember having knee problems - my knee(s) have never swollen up - maybe that is why previous doctors never thought there was anything wrong with my knee(s)!
Past History of L&R Knee
Bilateral OA
Medial Meniscal Tears
Lateral Releases & Medial Reefings
Ruptured LCL, MCL & PCL
Adhesions in the interconylar notch of ACL removed
Suprapatella plication
Debridements/Lavages
Deep chondral fissure in crest of patella
Awaiting MRI - LK
TKR - RK

Stacey

Re: Just a Quickie
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 06:18:55 AM »
Hi LIzzie

My knees barely swell up and even then i think it is still from my surgery in june (the OS said it may take about a year for the sweelign to disappear).  Other than that no my joints dont swell but still hurt

Stacey

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Just a Quickie
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 12:29:54 AM »
I never have any swelling, just pain and loss of functional ability. In fact, my knee exam is almost normal, until I am weight bearing, then I lose all kinds of function. I think it makes it harder for me to have the doctors understand how much pain and limitations I have. It's one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense to them.
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Just a Quicki
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 12:30:30 AM »
I never have any swelling, just pain and loss of functional ability. In fact, my knee exam is almost normal, until I am weight bearing, then I lose all kinds of function. I think it makes it harder for the doctors to understand how much pain limits what I can do. It's one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense to them.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.