Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: don't know where to post: ACL, MCL, PCL reconst.  (Read 608 times)

Offline witty_redhead

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
don't know where to post: ACL, MCL, PCL reconst.
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:38:26 PM »
So, a little history:  1998 (I was 19 yo) I had a complete dislocation of R knee.  I tore my ACL and severly sprained my PCL and MCL and tore out a chunk of cartlige on the medial side.  Ouch.  I had my ACL reconstructed, then my MCL and PCL were repaired.  A year later I sprained my MCL beyond repair and it was reconstructed.  Two yrs ago, I slipped in the shower and caused a 50% tear in my ACL graft, tore my meniscus and severly sprained my MCL graft.  A month and a half ago I tripped and heard/felt the infamous POP.  MRI shows a complete tear of the ACL graft, a nearly complete tear of the PCL, a fractured medial femoral condyle and my arthritus is severe (which I already knew 'cause it hurts like heck) and a forgien body.  Physical examination showed that my MCL is almost non-functional.  Current ROM is great, I just get really stiff from sitting, standing, walking too long... not to mention all the popping, catching, slipping, instability and pain.  I'm currently wearing a Donjoy brace for stability, but it bothers me and i don't wear it as often as I should.  :-X   ::)  I know, I know.

My OS, who is one of the (if not THE) top surgeons in my city is reconstructing my ACL, MCL, and PCL, all with allografts in June.  He will also be removing the hardware currently in my knee (two screws, two staples).  I've obviously been through many surgeries, but NEVER one this extensive and I'm nervous.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me the level of pain I will have post-op (will it be more or the same as having just an ACL reconst.?) and what kind of recovery I can expect.  OS says 4 to 6 week recovery.  How accurate is this?

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: don't know where to post: ACL, MCL, PCL reconst.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 01:16:27 PM »
If you search for poster Rockette(try rehab dept) I think she had something similar.

Otherwise try the cruciate board further down, although you are evidently having 'the works' as far as knee recons go!

Good luck
x
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline witty_redhead

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: don't know where to post: ACL, MCL, PCL reconst.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:28:26 PM »
Thanks, Sparkle!!!