Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Relationship between hip and knee joint  (Read 690 times)

Offline FJ

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Relationship between hip and knee joint
« on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
I'm interested in the relationship beween the hip and knee joint

I never had any problems with my knees until I started to experience deep clunks in my hips.  Then my hips started locking and I had to wiggle my legs to free them up, which is when I would heard this LOUD clunk.

I went through a stage of not clunking them to see if it made any differenece, and this is when i believe i damaged my meniscus.

I have a history of over-flexbility (too much yoga and dance) and wonder whether my knees are injured as a result of my hips.

Has anyone else experience something similar?
plica syndrome
athroscopy left knee plica removal
meniscus degeneration
osteo arthritis

Offline misshilde

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Relationship between hip and knee joint
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:06:54 AM »
Yessssssss...allthough mine's the other way around...bad knee effecting hip..need a PKR, but trying to hold off for a while still......spent 40 minutes at the chiropracter last Wednesday trying to release the hip....man that was painful...trying to find the ligament which is actually stopping the rotating in the hip...normally I can do a passe at full 90 degree turn out, but I'm stuck at 45 and doing anything that involves turnout is now way painfull.....after my chiroparcter "dislocated"..pulled the hip out it felt much better, but today it's bad again..taught 7 ballet classes so it's understandable...anyway...I'm just using heat and arnica gel plus loading up on ibuprofin till it gets better..soon I hope...and yes my hips clunks really loud too..as for the hip being the reason you damaged your meniscus...it's possible...if your femur rotates in a funky way, it grinds on the knee, so....now that I think about it...my femur has always rotated out while tibia has been rotating in...or is it the other way around..anyway... my knee never really lined up...could be you have the same...

Hilde
born with bad knee
83 patella ligament pierced by iceicle
84 50%  hamstring rip
86 lateral meniscus tear
more dance 
99 menisectomy(finally)
more dance
patellar & quad tendontis
05 LR, bonespur removal, general clean out, stage 4 OA
oct 06 illiophoas release( hip ok) but knee still bad...

support