Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Neuroma under the patella's skin ?  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Wojt

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Neuroma under the patella's skin ?
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:14:20 PM »
I have found knee neuroma description on this website:
A neuroma is a localized swelling and irritation of a nerve. Blunt trauma (a blow) to the front of the knee can bruise the fine sensory nerves that lie just under the skin and can lead to neuroma-like pain.
Gentle scratching of the skin with a thumbnail or squeezing of the skin is painful. The diagnosis is confirmed by relief being obtained with an injection of an anesthetic under the skin.
This is a common condition among people who bang their knee on a hard object such as the dashboard of a car or simply the ground.

... and it is exactly what I have been suffering since some time after pressing my knee too hard against the floor. Now I cannot touch tip of my kneecap at all, it is so sensitive! I can hardly wear trousers. Doctor Grelsamer explained this  syndrom as abovepain, but I was unable to search (find) how to cure it, how to alleviate this debilitating sensitivity!
Please share any suggestion, what I can do at home conservatively, before visiting surgeon. Thanks a lot for your time and helpful tips.
Regards,
Wojt

Offline TooYoungForThis1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Neuroma under the patella's skin ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:08:16 PM »
Wojt did you find relief? I'm seeing other posts saying they had the nerve buried by Dr. Mackinnon or Dr. Dellon in the USA on here...