Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Horse riding accident.. :( Tonight  (Read 12473 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Horse riding accident.. :( Tonight
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2006, 03:06:50 PM »
Hey Meg,
thanks for your response, you're basically saying outloud what I think in my head.  I think that i'm going to call my OS on Monday, and if he says that I just need to be more patient, I think I will ask him to refer me to another OS.   I just can't do this anymore... I think ten weeks is plenty to be patient.

Donna.. GET an ICELANDIC!!! :) They Rock, I stayed at a BandB in Cheticamp, Cape Breton , Nova Scotia that Breeds Icelandics and my Mom and I went for a ride. It was FANTASTIC. AND.. THEY ARE SO CUTE! Not too tall, but really strong. I am shopping for anotherr horse, and unfortunately i'm starting to look at Quarter horses, small and strong, an dlooking at Western Saddles too... my coach, has suggested that even when I can get back in the saddle, hacking around in a western saddle will probably be the best way to start.  :( 

I'll let you know what happens when I call my OS on this stuff.

THANKS so much ladies for your help and support

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • On the mend
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2006, 01:14:50 AM »
too bad I bond for life.  I'll probably still have my ponies when I'm 70 :-)  Then I'll get an Icelandic
I'm glad that you're going to push for more attention to your knee!
I had a synthetic western saddle for a while, but I couldn't get comfy in it.  I wanted to bend my knee and grip instead of balance.  Your're probably more athletic than I am, so you'll be able to make the transition.  QH are sometimes prone to navicular problems, but many of them are more quiet.  I've had a TB, a running QH, a mustang, a Westphalian/TB cross, my Connemara is 1/4 TB, and my Belgian's mom has TB/QH.  I'll never get another TB, but I'd have to say that both of my QH crosses take a lot of leg.  Horse shopping is a pain.  I found the Connemara on the internet.  It's fun to just google horses for sale.  Kinda like looking for houses.  Hope you're better soon so you can really horse shop.
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re:Horse riding accident.. :(Tonight)
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »
Hey Donna, i've ridden and coached western, and trained a few  Qh's in my "career" Gosh I sound so old when I say that.  So I will have no problem making the transition to WESTERN, but  I need the horse first ;).  Firecat is definately an englishy horse, and he's getting old...

I am going to trry to get some help for this knee.  So frustrating... i'm beginning to lose hope.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • On the mend
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2006, 03:22:16 AM »
Your knee makes you feel old.  Hope you'll keep us informed about changes.  I was previously hopeful that you were doing well when we hadn't heard from you.  Now we'll hope for some progress.  Gee I'll want to know about your horse hunting too!
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.