Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Horse riding accident.. :( Tonight  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Horse riding accident.. :( Tonight
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:55 PM »
Well here I am 22 days since the night I came off my horse. :( I've only seen him like 3 times which makes me really sad all on it's own.

I'm still not getting around too well, and my NEW custom Fusion BREG ACL brace won't be here for about another week. Sigh..  My OS thinks it's will make a huge difference for me and I hope he's right i'm getting really shack wacky... :P

Anyway... that's my news for now. .nothing too new, trying to do a little home PT, as my OS is sending me for PT but not until afte rI get the brace.

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • On the mend
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »
Your waiting game sounds awful.  Hopefully the brace will really make a difference.  How's the farm?  How's the pain?  Are you getting cheerful calls from the people caring for your horse?
Hyperextended knee at the dog park '03.  Two cortisone shots
GP diagnosed arthritis
'06 referral to OS, more xrays and MRI (meniscus tear possible)
June 22 scope, shave meniscus tear and bone spur and open LR.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »
WEll, it being summer, there is not much to do with respects to the horse. We feed them outside so it's not a REAL big deal just chuck some hay over the fence type thing.  But... I wish I could be down there. I am going down this morning, to brush him... hopefully.. we'll see how I feel when I get there.  He's only a ten minute walk down the road... so I feel like a horrible horse Mom, but i'm afraid to step on some uneven ground. Even last night I stepped on a pillow that was on the floor, and my heel was up and my knees down and ouchy.  So.. yeah... it's kind of ... scary. Anyway...

It is a fun waiting game, always. My Os is calling me today , just to see how things are going. There are definately draw backs to having an OS in the family but definate + to, and ACL injuries just happens to be his area of expertise. Although, I hope that all he is required to do is , listen to me whine a little, set me up with this brace and some physio... I really can't stomach anymore knee surgery just now.

Take care, enjoy your horses. :)

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »
Good Morning :D  You aren't walking 10 minutes in your current condition are you?  I like your new signature statement.  Hope you get that brace S O O N ! ! !
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2006, 01:51:42 PM »
Hey donna, No, my friend is coming to get me, with her Car.  I was in agony after venturing out to the mail box yesterday.. whcih is just directly across the street from my house. :P So I definately couldn't be walking the ten minutes. not to mention it'd take me bout an hour... in my current condition. :)

Have a great day

Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2006, 03:22:45 PM »
Glad to hear that you're not trying to walk too far, but sorry to hear that the mailbox trek was too much to bear.  How are you entertaining yourself?  donna
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2006, 08:18:23 PM »
Hey Donna, well I got to see my horse today.. Sweet Boy, he's all shiny and dappled.. OOOOH I want to ride.. anyway...
i'm trying to keep myself busy with computer stuff, working on birthday gifts and letters to friends, not to mention washing clothes.. My husband is a dairy herdsman so there is ALWAYS laundry. :) Sigh...

Suppose that's about it, i'm going a wee bit shack whacky but... what ya gonna do?

lol
:)
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »
I've read about some people that find joy in leg raises.  Guess you can just be glad that you have some pain relief at this time.  When might you get your brace.  I'm guessing that the no riding will be left up to you to know when you feel more healed, and that sounds like it's a ways away, but it'll come.  Dairy question---- how do the cows deal with your weather?  Glad that you've got the time to get on the computer.  I'm on most of the day at school.  Good to hear from you!!!  donna
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2006, 12:42:31 AM »
Hey Donna,
My brace should be in this time next week.. when i'll be in Halifax working at the provincial election so it should work out well for timing. :)

The cows handle our weather just fine, do you mean with the cold temperatures? THey do quite well, they live indoors in the winter though.. and are only out during the summer, and only if they are not being milked.
:)

Take care
linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:48 AM »
Duh, I should've known that the cows come inside for winter.  I know that the horses do.  Do you have a covered arena where you can ride?  Good on you for being involved with the election.  Hope the brace helps you during that time!  donna
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2006, 05:20:50 PM »
I don't have my own covered arena, but where we live now ther eis a retired vet that breeds QH's and she lets us all use her indoor arena, so it's always there if I want it.   i'm not sure what will happen when I move to the farm, but... I prefer to ride outside anyway. I just bundle up against the cold and off I go. :)  Lol... My Horse seems to like it outside better too, he get's quite full of life. ;D

Most Beef Cattle in this area winter out, but dairy cows are delicate flowers.. lol anything remotely stressful can throw them off their milk it's quite a science.

I worked at the Federal Election here in Canada back in January, so this will be more of the same, but different :D

Hope you are well
Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »
Isn't the ground frozen in winter?  My Connemara came from Ithaca NY, and while I was waiting to get her shipped to me another horse in the same barn slipped and fracture its hip.  Guess I don't really know enough about your geography/weather.  How did you do with the election work?  Did your knee kill you?  Did you get your brace?  Good to hear from you.  Donna
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2006, 08:06:57 PM »
Hi Donna, well we don't ride outside if the ground is icey.  Fortunately usually here in the winter it's either enough snow to give the horses lot's of traction , or the ground isn't frozen at all.  So.. usually it works out pretty good. There was only about 2 weeks this winter that I had to settle for grooming and or hacking, just along the dirt road at a walk.  :)

The Election is THIS tuesday.. so I get my brace then... Sigh.. I hope it is in before Election day... it would be a great help. But i'll be working at a table anyway, so I should be alright. :)

Take care :)

Linney

PS it's SO bad right now because i'm REALLY chomping at the bit to get back on my horse.. which is absolutely rediculous because I can still hardly walk... someone will have to sedate me before long... lol Guess that's what ATrivet is for ;D Just kiddin...
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK

Offline donnawanna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • On the mend
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2006, 11:39:05 PM »
I don't know the word trivet.  Is it what I call a twitch that you put on a horse's nose?  Seems like it's taking tooooooo long for you to get the brace.  Duh, it's custom made for you isn't it?  Definitely no riding before you can walk  ;)
GP diagnosed arthritis

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2006, 12:30:41 AM »
He he, Atrivet is a sedative we use on horses to calm their nerves. :)  I've worked alot in the horse industry so am very used to that sort of stuff.

IT does seem like FOREVER for this brace to come but it was only a week yesterday that I went to get fit for it!!! IT feels like months... Sigh.. oh well, we are on the down side now.. only a few days until it comes now.

I don't think i'll be riding any time soon!!! :( My leg is so useless now, i'm feeling a little.. worried... like there is something more to this than my OS has guessed, or that the damage is more severe than he first thought. I'm doing what I can though and taking care best I can.

Take care
Linney
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2004 LR LK