Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Where do you live?  (Read 105263 times)

Offline windbarb

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • They call me Weather Bunny!
Re: Where do you live?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2003, 05:46:09 PM »
Sarnia!  I've been there lots!  In high school, we used to have a yearly trip to Stratford and we stayed in Sarnia on the way out.  Then in college, my parents lived in Vermont and I'd pass through there to drive over for a visit.  Neat :).

There does seem to be an unusual number of Michiganders here (and Pennsylvanians, too)... we can't blame walking on uneven ground, since Michigan is pretty flat.  Water?  Too much wading through deep snow drifts?  Large temperature swings aggravating our pain?  Who knows :).  I was also born in the Detroit area (Plymouth, for those who know the area)... Lord knows it could be something funky in the air/water/ground there :).

Cheers,
Barb :)
1988-91: LK severe OSD, RK mild OSD
01/91: LK scope-flush. lingering pain
12/02: LK cortisone injection
3/03: LK scope-plica excision, partial synovectomy
11/04: L big toe cartilage/bone repair (fell)
now: L middle toe (broke; lingering pain), RK pain/swelling, neck pain/swelling

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 09:37:11 PM »
Hey Sylvia,

What town do you live in, what you described sounds like where my parents live
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline MeganJRA

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2003, 03:50:19 AM »
I live in the southeastern corner of Alabama in Dothan.  I actually live in a great place because I'm 1 1/2 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, 4 from Atlanta, and 7 from Disneyworld!  

I love how we are from different countries as well as states.  For all the European folks.....does the government really pay for healthcare?  If so, what about the expensive meds.  I wish our gov't would do that.  My family is just middle-class.  We have great insurance, but I am about to get married, and the only insurance my work offers is 80% they pay and 20% for me to pay.  20$ of my medicine is more than I make in a month!!  Enbrel by itself is $1200/month, not to mention the other 8 perscriptions I have.

Thank you all for listening!!

Megan

Offline tazmanian_devil

• Forum Faithful
  • I guess you can't teach an old quad new tricks
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2003, 06:09:55 AM »
Hi everybody, We live in North Idaho on 5 acres, 2 miles from here. They are adding a water park this summer. We have season passes so we go at least every week, Theresa http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/vts.htm
L ACL Recon. L lat. meniscus tear 1991, R Dislocated 1996, R ACL partial tear, MCL tear 08/01, R Chondroplasty 2/14/02, R Lateral Release-Medial Reefing-Chondroplasty 12/3/02.

Offline Jennie

• Forum Faithful
  • LoveBug
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2003, 09:21:51 PM »
Hi peoples!! :D I live about one hour from Atlanta Ga in a small city by the name of dallas but I have big city dreams of one day making it up to N.Y

Have a good day!
Jennie
21 yrs. old..Right knee injury. Ligament Recon 6-21-01, 2 LR's 3/02 & 9/02
TTT 11/08/02, patella and ligament recon 5/03
Recently dx with OA, Having hardware removed and knee scoped on 6/24/04

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2003, 05:18:29 AM »
I was raised in Southern California (Laguna Beach), but left at 18 and lived in various countries after that.  

I've now settled in Phoenix, Arizona in the beautiful Sonoran desert.  One day soon I hope to move up to Sedona to live in the beautiful red rocks there.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2003, 07:15:07 AM »
Hey AT,

I live in the illudtrious village of Milan--actually out of the village limits and in the country.  I teach iand go to church n Rock Island.  We joke around here and say we are a "suburb of Chicago"  ha ha, it's about a 3 and a half hour drive to the windy city from here...

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline dcakes

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2003, 10:27:11 PM »
Well, I live in a suburb of Dallas, TX.  I have lived in Texas all of my life most of it in the Dallas area but I did live in Austin for a year.  I love it here in Texas but I'd love to visit Australia, England, and Ireland someday.....doubt it will happen but we all have dreams.....

SL99

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2003, 04:03:56 AM »
Hey Heather M. I noticed that you mentioned living in Laguna Beach, and being a complete motor sport nut I wondered did you ever manage to get to the race track at Laguna Seca? Wow, that is a really cool circuit with the corkscrew turn!!

If you're not a motor sport fan and haven't clue what I'm on about I apologise!! If you are and did, then I'm very jealous!!  ;)

Dcakes - don't give up on your dream of travelling mate. I didn't think I'd be able to continue my travelling after I got sick, but I've actually been to Australia on crutches twice now and plan to go back again very soon hopefully. So keep dreaming anything can happen!!  :)

Love and hugs.......Jo
xxx

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2003, 07:13:09 AM »
I was born in Warrnambool; Victoria; Australia (a small costal/rural town) and lived there until I was about 12 then I shifted to Morwell; Victoria; Australia (a small "Rural" town and from there back to Warrnambool and then to Mardan; Victoria ( a TINY rural town (with no actual town <he he>) and from there to Mirboo North in Victoria (A very small rural town (but at least with a town this time), from there I shifted back to Warrnambool and lived in Warrnambool, Timboon and Ayrford (all very small rural "towns" most without actual towns (and not in the actual towns either, if there was one), then about 8 years ago I shifted here to Canberra , Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Australia and have lived in 3 suburbs here (Lyneham, then Kaleen and now Giralang).
So basically I live in AUSTRALIA,
Now in Canberra, Australia (and hopefully I will stay here)  ;D
Sharon
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline JenJen03

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2003, 07:49:32 AM »
I live right out side Philadelphia, PA (ok so about a mile outside the city limmits).  I gues this is a good thing seeing the madical problems that my family has (there must be at least 15 major hospitals to chose from).  It has been extreemly interesting reading the answers that people have given!!!

~Jen
18 years old -- bi-lateral (both knees) LR on  8/8/02, Synvisc injections in May of 04  and still in major pain.

Offline Donna

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2003, 07:16:42 AM »
I live in Northern Nevada very close to Lake Tahoe. I have lived  here for 12 years. Before that I lived in Las Vegas, Nevada for 16 years. I was born and raised in San Diego , California.
Hope to see the rest of the USA some day.

Donna
4/88 menis, chondroplasty,
10/01 menis, chondroplasty
2/02 microfrac,chondro,menis,
4/02 Fulkerson TTT, LR, microfrac,
2/03 open LR,fat pad removal, lysis,menis Still need more surgery.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2003, 07:50:44 PM »
Sylvia-

I grew up in East Moline.  I played on a team in the East Moline Soccer club, so I played out in Milian quite a bit.  
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline enuff81020

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2003, 08:28:09 PM »
Hi AT--

It's a small world...we usually tell people that the Quad Cities are a suburb of Chicago--lol.  My son is going to college in Peoria (Bradley).  

This is an interesting little chunk of the world, ha ha.

Sylvia
Both kneesOA.
Scope on rt knee,9/00;2/01
scope w/ LR and debridement rt knee 2/02
left knee same5/02
Patellar problems
LeftTKR12/16/02
Right TKR7/14/03
Complications MUA 8/14/03
R TKR revisio

Offline Lauren

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • I tha putty cat.
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2003, 08:46:43 PM »
Hey all it is nice to hear were everone is from in the world. Anyway i am from Huntington, West Virginia. You may of heard of it because of the Marshall thundering Herd.
mal-tracking, hypermobility, numbness, pain,  past dicoloring, subluxation, negative MRI,  surgery in may2003, PT2.5 years