Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2nd Injection of Synvisc  (Read 2873 times)

Offline limpman

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2nd Injection of Synvisc
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:11:42 PM »
I just had my second injection.  In my opinion, it wasn't as bad as the first one.  The first one caused an immediate locked feeling only letting loose after a big "snap!".  This time, there was no "snap", just a slight soreness afterwards that will probably be slightly more evident tomorrow.

I finally got a letter to give my employer that certifies that I have a problem and shouldn't be assigned agonizing jobs that involve squatting, kneeling, climbing, etc.  I wonder what will come of that... there's quiet a bit of that in my job.
Femur Break / traction
Arthroscope
Limited Motion
Quadricep Plasty surgery
Atrophy of right leg muscles
Synvisc Injections
Total Knee Replacement 8/06

Offline cl55

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 2nd Injection of Synvisc
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:51:23 AM »
I am supposed to be scheduled for Hyalgan injections.  Are they painful?  How painful?  I don't know what to expect, I'm kind of scared?? 

Offline DemiWV

• Regular Poster
Re: 2nd Injection of Synvisc
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 12:44:50 AM »
Hi, I had the full 3 shots of Synvisc and I have to say that they have helped a lot.  The pain in the lateral part (outside) of my knee has disappeared, and the pain on the inside has lessened.  I am going to have a total knee replacement with the new mini incision technique on Jul 11 and I needed something to suplement my pain med to get  me by at work until the surgery.   

The shots hurt some what but were not too bad, if you have a caring, doctor who doesn't rush and pushes the syringe slowly.  You will get 2 shots each time you go,  The first shot numbs the knee the second shot is the synvisc.  MAKE SURE your doctor allows enough time after the first shot so that your knee is really numb!  My doctor was always in a rush and so both shots hurt.  I have heard from others that this was the exception and not the rule.  I understand that the shots help 70 percent of those that have them.   Other than a little swelling, I had no side effects.   Good Luck!   Demi
DT

support