Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Inspirational Thoughts  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Inspirational Thoughts
« on: April 10, 2003, 11:40:08 PM »
Just reading something from my pastor, and these lines hit me as helpful for the long "knee" journey. He wrote:

An elderly gentleman was once asked by his pastor how he felt. "Oh," he said. "I have my good days and I have my bad days." Leading his pastor to ask: "Well, what is a good day?" To which he replied, "A good day is tomorrow."

I think America's favorite rabbi, Harold Kushner, would understand that. Because whenever a member of his temple would lament, "Those were the good old days," Kushner would counter: "Don't you believe that the God who gave you the good old days would be able to create a few good new ones?"

And then this:

A great Easter anthem echoes the Psalmist's confident observation: "Weeping may endure the night, but joy cometh in the morning."

I'll think I'll sleep on that tonight!

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Offline wendy

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Inspirational Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 01:41:06 AM »
I needed that today!!!!!

It was just one of those days, but you know all of us made it hope safely!!!

Wendy
began running long distances at age 7. Now I have two knees that have given in to my abuse! 3 scopes, LRs, Patella tendon repositionings, and years of pain. PKR on both. Diagnosed with RSD 3/4/2003.

Offline need_help

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Inspirational Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 08:05:37 PM »
Everyday is a gift, its what we do with it that will counts.
P.T.L.
Lt knee, injured at work and had surgery that was fair, now years later over compensation has caused damage to the Rt knee. High Tibial Ost. to be done soon on left.

support