Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hot Flash  (Read 839 times)

Offline Decrepit1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hot Flash
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »
 :-[ Hello everyone, I had a cortozone injection for my knee pain 2 days ago and have been having major hot flashes since then, I was at costco and had to leave I was sweating like a pig and afraid I would faint! last night I was in front of my fan with an ice pack on my head. Even now my face is hot to the touch and bright red. I had an injection 13 months ago and this didn't happen. I called my doctor but he left on vacation. I'm  really am wondering what the heck is going on. help!

Offline HTOgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Hot Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »
Sounds like you are having a reaction....is there a walkin clinic you could go to or call telehealth...you need to do something....hot flashes are no fun and usually a sign of something not quite right

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Limping, but walking!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:02:52 AM »
Hello!
 I did not have a reaction with that shot , it sounds like you need to call your GP and if not one call Pharmacy for suggestion and if it gets worse go to ER or walk in. Try some ice chips to cool your insides, check your tempature. Any itching or hives? I would not take this lightly. I have had same thing with morphine today after op and thankfully I was there and had to have a shot to counter react the reaction. I hope you get this under control, never being safe is bad.
Bs
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline munchkin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:26:07 PM »
I'm no expert, but I am a nurse.  This sounds like a very serious allergic reaction.  Get professional help (emergency room, if necessary) NOW.