Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Left outside knee pain  (Read 822 times)

Offline hawaiin-ryan

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Left outside knee pain
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:04:15 PM »
Hello,

I was playing softball yesterday and while running to 1st i stretched out to reach for the base and I think i might have rolled my knee.  It this possible.  It hurts to walk on it.  There is NO swelling, but the outside of the knee cap and underneath it is in pain.  I have put ice on it, but it still hurts.  it hurts to stretch it out and i cant squat.  What could this be?  should i go see a doctor?

Offline KatieO

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Left outside knee pain
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 07:29:42 PM »
Hi,
I am no authority but no one else has responded so I will put in my two cents. From my experience, ice and elevate, and anti-inflamatories, are for sure where to start. It's good that there isn't any overt swelling though there is obviously something under the surface. If you are lucky, and why not be lucky, you'll feel improvement in a couple of days. If no change at all after the weekend, start with your family doc and go from there. Knee are basically badly designed. They can be injured terribly easily but just as easily, can heal on their own. Here's hoping that this is the self-healing type.
Good luck.
KatieO
5/98 twisting injury
10/98 ACL partial tear repair/ and RSD
10/01 ACL reconstruction w/allograft
7/03 LR
1/06 diagnosed with patella baja
7/5 open knee surgery for IPCS
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage...Anais Nin

Offline Silhouette

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 09:12:12 PM »
I am not an authority either but I would certainly go to the doctor.  the first doctor will tell you to get an x-ray - which will not be able to see soft tissue damage - the second doctor will probably tell you you have a sprain - but I would push it a little further and possibly get an ultra sound or mri.  It is possible that you have torn one of those cris cross ligaments or something.  I cannot even speak in medical terms so pardon my elementary verbalization - but if you felt it instantly and or heard it or felt it roll then you probably have more serious of a problem then simple pain.

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Limping, but walking!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 11:07:39 AM »
 Hey!
I agree try the ice etc and if you feel things are same or worse get in asap. Even getting it looked at can help with your own peace of mind.
BS
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

support