Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bone bruise - while waiting for ACLr  (Read 870 times)

Offline jb-knee-geek

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
bone bruise - while waiting for ACLr
« on: May 03, 2006, 10:08:01 PM »
hey geeks, so I'm trying to stregthen my legs while waiting for this f*ing surgery, and I've my knee gave out twice in the last month.

Any advice on how to recuperate from a bone bruise? Is it rest or what?

No swelling just a dull ache when fully extended like walking, I can't really rehab it until the pain is gone.....
torn RK ACL March 2001, surgery Aug. 14 2006, after 4 knee sprains since Oct. '05.  Allograft, ~40% medial meniscus removed, some wear in the trochlear groove. Everything else looks good.

Post-op diary: http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=29749.

Offline pauldfc

• Regular Poster
Re: bone bruise - while waiting for ACLr
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:12:21 PM »
This is exactly the same situation as me the only difference is im not inline for aclr yet, Where about is the pain?
Mniscus removed form right knee
Miniscus removed from left knee
ACL ruptured left knee
ACL recon left knee

Back playing football, 5 times a week and arguably as fit as i was!!

Offline jb-knee-geek

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 10:24:48 PM »
feels like the medial condoyle
torn RK ACL March 2001, surgery Aug. 14 2006, after 4 knee sprains since Oct. '05.  Allograft, ~40% medial meniscus removed, some wear in the trochlear groove. Everything else looks good.

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
Well, jb,  I'm sure you did a thorough net search on this issue since you always supply such great links on your cruciate ligament posts, but I searched anyway since I didn't see any responses to your post.  Every site I landed on essentially said the same thing.  Described exactly what a bone bruise is and said:  rest, ice, time.  Even the Cleveland Cavaliers' trainer's post on the subject gave no further recommendations for treatment other than that.  Not very helpful, but all I could locate.

My thoughts are with you.
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

Offline henri

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • goes here
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
I suppose as they say the ice and rest is the best solution,then rest and ice IS the best solution.Anyhow,i have a question,what exactly means the expression that :my knee gave away?
unhappy triad

Offline jb-knee-geek

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 07:54:03 PM »
thanks Racquet, I guess my impatience is beginning to show through. 

I spoke with my PT, he says to look at this porcess as if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but for me that light is a ways off.....He thinks I can re-start training, I'll wait unitl I'm 110%.....

Henri, the best way to explain a knee giving out is to imagine you have dislocated your knee for a moment.

Like a big knuckle cracking, except it's your knee and feels like you've been shot.

Not that I have been shot, but pain, lights go out for a minute, stars appear, you get the picture...

Offline henri

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • goes here
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 07:59:36 PM »
But what if knee gives out and it sparkles and you feel the pain,doesent it cause any problems too knee then?Like damaging the acl,pcl or some other ligaments, nerves,tissuses etc in the knee?I have had some feelings,as if it gives away,like it hyperextends,but i have been able to pull it back,like using my muscles or something like that.Does it qualify as "giving away"?It hasnt hurt nor anything,just as if it hyperextends little too far.
unhappy triad

Offline jb-knee-geek

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 08:51:01 PM »
not sure what you're describing there. it sounds like you're describing some instability, which can lead to your knee giving away.

if you have any doubts about the condition of your knee, ask your OS.

support