Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Just my Luck!!!  (Read 671 times)

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Limping, but walking!!!
Just my Luck!!!
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:07:11 AM »
 :'(
 Less than a week before hardware removal and I fall ???.
Saturday I am feeling good doing things and I was going out mydeck to put more soil in one of my plants and the knee gives. I had a plant in the pot in right hand  so could not grab the door frame.I fall out door and land one the little metal stair side ways half in and out door.I had no shoes on and got 2 broke toes on right foot and huge bruise on top of foot by big toe on the bone and cut it on left and ended up hitting knee to knee so I got one on each.  Twisted my back a little. What in the #### is going on. I guesss From now until Friday I should just do nothing. Family and friend say they are going to wrap me in bubble wrap. My Os is going to Freak on Tuesday when I go in for pre op. Limping and can't get shoes on. I swear I have no luck. What else? I really hope this op is going to help with that giving out and locking up. If I could'nt laugh at it I would have to go admitt myself.  :D
BS
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline Doc79316

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • OSCAR
Re: Just my Luck!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »
Hey,

Hope you're feeling OK. Although I doubt it. I can't answer you other than to say I'm sorry you're having suck bad look, especially just before more surgery. There is an advantage though - it's better than doing more damage after the surgery. At least your OS can fix up ALL of the damaged tissue whilst he's poking around inside your knee.
I know how you feel as far as tings going wrong for you but it does get better (or so I'm told). You need to stay positive so as not to get yourself into a cycle of feeling sorry for yourself when even small irrelevant mishaps seem like it's the end of the world.
Keep your head up (and your leg) and you'll get through it no problem. In a few weeks you'll be fine.

Take care,

Laura x

Left knee surgery
08/06/02-L/Release
13/08/03-Fulkerson TTT
05/06/05-Stabilisation & Medialisation/Tendon Transfer
13/01/06-Proximal Hamstring Superior Stabilisation
06/03/06-RSD/CRPS diagnosed
20/07/06 + 03/04/07-Excision of scar tissue
29/05/15-Arthroscopy
02/03/20-Left transfemoral amputation

Offline henri

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • goes here
Re: Just my Luck!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »
I had the similar situation.After my right knee had unhappy triad i was just walking down the hill, i was specially careful that nothing would happen, but somehow i still managed to hyperextend my left knee,which was stuck in the snow.So once you have taken some bad luck, it keeps coming:P
unhappy triad