Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: please o please, i need help MAJOR PAIN  (Read 692 times)

Offline mesolen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
please o please, i need help MAJOR PAIN
« on: May 01, 2006, 02:06:34 AM »
ok i am a junior in high school.... ive been doing track since 7th grade and skipped last year due to my knees.... so as a freshman, my dr said i probably had that oscar slaughter thingy... well i grew alot since than and i started track in teh spring... started off ok, than i could of cried... i was hoping sooo bad that i could have a good year with no pain... before i get any farther, i do the jumping events ie long/triple/high jumps... the first meet i made disctricts in all 3, but now goin to the end of the season im goin day by day with 5 advil and iceing before every practice... the pain is terrible.. so i went to a chiropracter and he tried to do stuff, but no dice... so i went to an orthepidiac last week... said my hamstrings were super super tight and my quads were lose and thats what could of caused the knee pain... but i was pretty mad that thats all he said... so here i am 2 weeks away from disctricts where i need to do good and go to states.... somethings gotta get e into college  :P   so ive been stretchin    really good, practice ive been doin nothing really, theres not much i can do, i cant walk haha... so if theres anything you guys think can help, please share

thank you
matt

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: please o please, i need help MAJOR PAIN
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:46:58 PM »
Matt, call back to this doc and ask what you are going to do with it.
Here some info about
Osgood Schlatter's Disease

This is an 'overuse' condition, where the attachment of the patellar tendon to the tibia bone becomes stressed.

So if you have this there's only one answer resting.

NETTAN  8)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Despite its name, this is not a disease, but a painful bit of bone 2 cm below the kneecap, at the bump (tibial tubercle) where the kneecap tendon (patellar tendon) joins onto the shin bone (tibia).

In young people, most often boys, this area becomes swollen, red (inflamed) and painful. The many jumping activities of young boys puts stress on this bit of bone because at this age it has not fully matured.

Hard though it seems, the only real cure seems to be to rest it from the jumping - for a year or longer!

Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.