Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Please Help me- I dont know what iv done to my knee!  (Read 1077 times)

Offline b4dboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Please Help me- I dont know what iv done to my knee!
« on: April 28, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »
Hi Guys,

This is all new to me, last Sunday (23-04-06) I was playing football and was tripped quiet badly landing on part knee part ribs. At first I thought id either broken/fractured my ribs and cut my knee. I continued to play until I felt my knee worsen.

I am now at a stage where as soon as I got home from playing football, I placed a bag of frozen peaís onto my knee, I then assumed I may have done something to my ligaments (which I have now diagnosed cant be true because I was move my leg quiet freely). I can now even bend my knee without too much pain, but since yesterday 27-04-06 the pain seem to be returning and my knee feels a little odd.

Since the incident I have been spraying deep freeze and have had it in a tubigrip. Iím not sure whatís wrong with my knee as the pain is coming from the top part of the knee, and not the bottom where most of the tendons are.

Is there anyone out there who can help as I donít have the time at the moment to go see a GP (due to work) unless this pain worsens. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Nick

Offline Charliemouse

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Please Help me- I dont know what iv done to my knee!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 01:58:46 PM »
Can you be a little more specific about the symptoms. Do you still have swelling, where is the pain? The doctor is always going to be your best bet as we can do little more than give suggestions as to what it may be on here. If you are really stuck for time go and find a physio (they quite often do work friendly hours) and get them to check you over. My physio was far more thorough than my GP and correctly diagnosed what I had done where 2 docs had failed (A&E and GP).
18/06/05 Injured trampolining
Fixed Flexion 20-90 deg until...
01/09/05 lateral meniscectomy (40%)
09/06/06 Patella tendon aclr
09/09/06 Back on the tramp (carefully)
10 years on and still going strong
!!Stop twisting when you land or it hurts!!

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Limping, but walking!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 04:53:40 PM »
Hello,
I agree we need to know alittle more about what is going on and we can only suggest things and best thing to do is have it looked at. If time is an issue go to local er and go from ther. Not doing anything could end up making things worse, and you don't want that.
Bs
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline b4dboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »
Cheers guys,

seem to me like the knee has filled up with a liquid like solution, the pain is only around the top of the knee and left hand side, where the impact was with the ground.

Made time to go to the NHS walk in clinic after work, no more staying late its been a week with little or no change to my knee.

any ideas what it could be......i know the docs will tell me hope its not long term.

Regards,

Nick

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 04:20:54 PM »
Hello!
I am not saying this is your problem, just an idea. You could just have fluid on the knee. My sister was rear ended riding with a friend and hit her knee on the glove box, she did not break it, bruised it and after a week or so she had simular things going on so she went to Gp and he sent her to Os and they just drained the fluid and gave her antibiotics and inflamitories. It healed up and she is just careful these days. I hope that is what is going on with you. I am glad you are going to have it checked, it is never wise not to.
BS
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

Offline b4dboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:47:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

Cheers for all the help and responses, went to the Walk in clinic who referred me to a GP, who came back and said no real damage to any ligament, just fluid in the knee. She also sent me for an Xray just to make sure and put me on some anti inflammatories.

Really appreciate the help!

Cheers

Nick

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »
Hey! :D
I am glad you went and had it checked. I am sure your xrays with come back ok. I am happy your going to be fine and soon your knee will be back to normal. It just is a little scary when you just don't know. Hope speedy recovery.

Offline b4dboy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 04:07:55 PM »
Thanks for all the Help, another Football tournament to get ready for now in 2 weeks....ha ha

if im not 100% i wont be risking it.

Thanks Again.

Nick

support