Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TTT now Medial Reefing. Need help  (Read 892 times)

Offline bex1708

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TTT now Medial Reefing. Need help
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:13:40 PM »
I have posted a few times on here. In September last year had Elmslie Trilate on Righ Knee. Everything was going well then it dislocated twice in 1 month :(  Any how, saw my OS yesterday and he said that he usually does medial reefing first and then move on to Elmslie and LR.  But he knew medial reefing would not work so did the elmlie instead.  Now he says because knee is still maltracking and dislocating he has no choice but to do the medial reefing which will probably happen in December due to physio and waiting lists.  :(

Now I have tried researching this procedure and am a bit confused.  My OS said it will be open knee surgery but i have noticed that alot of the time it is done arthroscapy??? Has anyone else had open knee medial reefing and if so I would really appreciate some information on recovery time as I have taken so much time off work recently i need to prepare my boss.

Thank you for your help

Becci

Hop skip n jump

Re: TTT now Medial Reefing. Need help
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:06:38 PM »
Hi Bex

I'm sorry to hear you have to have another surgery. I can't offer you any advice as I know very little about the topic, sorry.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. Just wanted to offer you some support.  ;)
Hop

Offline gemmat84

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
Hi Becci,
Sorry to hear that you're facing another surgery. I had an LR done on my right knee 2 months ago which didn't work and have now been told that I'll need to have medial reefing and a TTT done, I'm having both done in one go but I was told that both procedures are done open, I don't know of medial reefing being done by arthroscopy. Sorry I can't be of more help, keep your chin up hope it all works out.
Gemma
Dec2005 right dis.ignored for 3 weeks-dis.8 times in 3 weeks.
Jan2006 right leg in plaster for 6 weeks.
Mar2006 unsuccessful LR.
Sep2006 TTT and medial reefing.
Mar2008 arthroscopy to remove scar tissue and fluid.
Feb2011 arthroscopy to remove scar tissue again, identified need for MPFL recon.

Offline doublea21

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:03:36 PM »
Becci,

Sorry to hear you are still having dislocations and are headed for another surgery.  I have had a VMO advancement with thermal shrinkage of the medial reticulum twice, both times open.  I have about a 1.5 inch scar from the procedure.  I had a lot of trouble with this because of the VMO advancement I had trouble regaining control of my quad.  I hope it helps you.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Amy
Dec 98 - R and L knee LR and VMO advancement
Dec 00 - L knee TTT
May 02 - R knee TTT and VMO advancement
Dec 04 - R knee screw removal
still too many subluxations and dislocations
July 06 - R knee MPFL Reconstruction