Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Hemotoma  (Read 595 times)

Offline holli

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hemotoma
« on: April 19, 2006, 10:38:19 PM »
i'm in need of some advice.  I fell on both of my knees about a month and a half ago very hard.  the xrays of my left knee didn't show any brakes or fractures, but the doctor said I probably had torn some ligaments and needed to see a ortho doctor.  He put me in a knee imobilizer which I wore for a whole month.  I finally got the mri done and the ortho doc said I had a hematoma on my patella.  It is horribly painful.  He said I didn't need the imobilizer anymore...for me to put heat on my knee to loosen it up then try to do some bending exercises.  I can bend it a little bit but it feels like something is tearing and pulling when I bend it.  I still walk with a limp.  I can't bend my knee.  i go back in a week to see my progress....he said the next option is surgery.  I am seriously thinking of doing it.  Does anyone have any similar situations or know what kind of surgery it would be??
Thanks

Offline bikersmurf

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Limping, but walking!!!
Re: Hemotoma
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »
Hello!
look in the section for ligaments and etc. I would think it is much more than a briuse if op was mentioned.  You might have some tears in there.
BS
Motorcycle accident(open patella shattered)
8-05 reconstruction surgery wires pins, crown and figure eight , FEb 06, had bad fall and damaged knee and hardware. May 5 06 op to remove hardware and repair tissue, quad and nerve damage. Recovering!!

support