Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I can't do normal things anymore!!!!!!  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Flame

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: I can't do normal things anymore!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
I'm sorry you got hurt ,Hon. I hope you get to felling better soon. Maybe a few days rest will do you some good.

Sending you a personal message.

Laura

Offline Clarinet'09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Scars are like tatoos...but with better stories!!
    • Padfoot13cl
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2006, 06:45:10 PM »
I LUFFS YOU GUYS!!! GROUP HUG!!! *pulls you all into a tight hug and starts to cry* I appreciate everyone's help and suggestions to help me pull through during this rough time. I just wanna let you know that ill be here for you if any of you need me. Even if its just to complain (i should know ive done a lot of that myself lately) ill be here for you!!!
              ~Chelsea~
Chelsea - 17 years old - soccer + band = LIFE
4/29/06  left knee popped followed by intense pain while playing soccer
5/30/06  Bone spur removal
4/20/07  LR right knee
11/19/07 LR left knee
1/16/08  MUA left knee
11/03/08 LR recon, MPFL recon right knee
4/20/09 LR recon, MPFL recon left knee

Offline WantToKick

• Regular Poster
  • Just seeking to be able to ignore my knee.
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 04:31:05 AM »
Chelsea...
When i first hurt my knee, I was 13.  I hid it from EVERYONE, for almost three weeks... during that time, i kept forcing myself through martial arts classes, walked, and did all this while trying not to show that i was hurt.  Well, i woke up one morning unable to walk.  At all.  My knee was so swollen that none of the muscles would contract.  My grandmpa took me to my family doctor, who had the good sense to say "I'm getting you in to Dr. Zillmer, she's the best in the area..." and the decency to make it happen within 4 hours. 
The point I'm making here is this:  in my effort not to loose my "life" which consisted of martial arts, I nearly destroyed my knee.  If it's hurting, find a way to keep your life without destroying it.  I found that i could do martial arts class in a C.P.B. (I KNOW they're not designed for that, but i really was desperate)... the brace let me have 45 degrees of motion, and then stopped it.  That limited the collapsing and strain on the MCL which was torn, as well as the knee cap, which had shredded cartilage.  So you may need to back out of soccer, or cut back to one game per day.  And maybe for when you ref, you could get some sort of more sturdy brace to keep things from getting stretched?

Anyway... hope you are doing alright today... that you're knee is better... and that your "soccer ball tatoo" isn't sore!  Hehe... When i had my first shoulder surgery, I had a perfect foot print on my ribs from sparring the night before (I got kicked, by my instructor, who was also my doctor... hehe!)...
1998 - dog vs. human accident, torn MCL, subluxed patella
1999 - plica removal, chondroplasty. 
2002 - skating accident, subluxed patella, torn LCL, bone bruising
2005 - skiing accident, torn MCL, torn meniscus, stretched acl, torn medial capsule
2007 - plica removal, synovectomy

Offline Clarinet'09

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Scars are like tatoos...but with better stories!!
    • Padfoot13cl
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 10:30:06 PM »
I know how you felt hiding your knee from everyone. I di that over the summer when i fell on the concret floor. I brushed aside the injury and didnt let my parents know until the day after and that was only cause i couldnt get out of bed :-[!!! I still hide my knee from everyone cause it looks deformed and im tired of the questions :D!!! Im still sore today but feeling better and nervous about my appointment on wednesday. I know that whatever happens....happens and i cant control it!!! My coach probably wont let me play more than one game because hes already overprotective and im sure that saturday didnt help that any!!!
           ~Chelsea~
Chelsea - 17 years old - soccer + band = LIFE
4/29/06  left knee popped followed by intense pain while playing soccer
5/30/06  Bone spur removal
4/20/07  LR right knee
11/19/07 LR left knee
1/16/08  MUA left knee
11/03/08 LR recon, MPFL recon right knee
4/20/09 LR recon, MPFL recon left knee

Offline WantToKick

• Regular Poster
  • Just seeking to be able to ignore my knee.
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:48 AM »
Chelsea:
You'll be fine... one of the only benefits to being so young when you get hurt is that you've got a better shot at a total recovery... a DEFINATE plus...
1998 - dog vs. human accident, torn MCL, subluxed patella
1999 - plica removal, chondroplasty. 
2002 - skating accident, subluxed patella, torn LCL, bone bruising
2005 - skiing accident, torn MCL, torn meniscus, stretched acl, torn medial capsule
2007 - plica removal, synovectomy