Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee pain 8 months post ACL & meniscus repair  (Read 749 times)

Offline frisbeegal

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pain 8 months post ACL & meniscus repair
« on: April 17, 2006, 05:39:27 PM »
I had ACl reconstruction and medial meniscus repair 8 months ago. I tore it all up playing ultimate frisbee. I rehabed hard and was very dedicated. My doc gave me the go ahead at 6 months to start playing again. I eased into it, and everything was going very well, I felt stong and was getting faster and back to normal.

Then I landed a little bit hard, with my leg straighented while running for a disc (that is how I tore it all up in the first place). It has been painful to run on for a week now. Walking is fine, but running, jumping is too painful. This is the first "pain" I have had in a really long time.

I am scared that the menisucs repair has failed......I did not hear or feel any popping or anything. Any thoughts? I have a doc. appoint. next week -- so I will be able to tell him how it feels 2 weeks post-incident.

Thanks................

Offline henri

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • goes here
Re: knee pain 8 months post ACL & meniscus repair
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »
I am not sure, because noone can actually tell you, did you or didnt your hurt your knee again.But i would say,that if there werent significant swelling and it didnt hurt much after all,then you should be just fine.I for example fell on my knee little too bad after the first month of the injury and also had some pain in the knee ,but it went away, i cant also be sure if i hurt my repaire meniscus or acl, but doctor said it is ok(i slipped a little,and then my camera which was on a tripod fell on the other side i was falling and i tried to save my camera from falling and jumped for it with my knee,which was just operated only month before).He is very good and i believe him, what else can i do.Thought it still hurts.But it was like 8 months after the operation and your doctor told you to hit that bastard.So i doubt that you did something realy bad on your knee, just give it a rest while you have met doctor.You shoulud run very much, unless you notice tiger or giant lion chasing you,while you are holding big and tasty meat.
unhappy triad

support