Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Anybody with a similar problem  (Read 985 times)

Offline mlmxn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Anybody with a similar problem
« on: April 17, 2006, 03:17:48 AM »
I injured my left knee back in August of 2005.  I am no stranger to knee problems.  This is the first issue I had with my left knee.  I was in the process of moving to a new house and was walking up some stairs when I felt something tear in my left knee.  I experienced swellling and mostly stiffness anytime I sat down for more than 10 minutes.  Occasionally I would experience severe pain.  I had surgery a month later and learned that I had a rather large bucket tear in my medial meniscus.    My recovery was normal and I went through a proper course of rehab.  During that time my knee didn't feel exactly right but I just brushed it off as being sore.  In February there was still a significant amount of swelling in my knee.  I went back to the doctor and he prescribed a round of cortisone.  After a couple of weeks I went back with some new complaints of pain and in inability to bear my full weight on that leg.  I had also experienced a couple of episodes where my knee locked and I actually fell to the ground. 

Next we tried some Halcyon injections into the joint.  I did experience some relief from the pain but my knee was not exactly right.  It has been about a month sinnce the final injection and I am still experiencing the same problems.  Swelling, pinpoint pain on the inside and outside of my left knee, and I have fallen about 4 times since my last injection. 

I have still been trying to do strengthening exercises and ice my knee several times a day. 

I am just curious if anybody has had any similar problems.

MRL

support