Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee popping after menscus acl surgery  (Read 12261 times)

Offline queenie90247

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee popping after menscus acl surgery
« on: April 16, 2006, 10:20:13 AM »
hello all i need some advice 2 and1/2 weeks ago i had surgery on my knee tore the medial and lateral meniscus as well as the acl but the inner  part of knee is what hurts most.  im at the point where i can  walk almowst without a limp on my good days a limp on my bad days  i thiught i was gettin much better then 2 or 3 days ago i stqrted to notice when i unbend my knee at times i hear a popping noise or if im   stretching it out it will pop dnt kno fi that normal  or what id hate to think that it is a step back and  knee is getting worse i thought qbout goin back to gym to strenghten will ask op on this thursday. does anyone hav e any advice id mos t appreciate it

Offline desiree1

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: knee popping after menscus acl surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »
Hi,

After I had ACL surgery I started to get popping and clicking noises within my knee whuch probably happenend after about 12 weeks and really worried me thinking I had retorn my ACL but after a visit to the OS he reassured me that it was not uncommon and it was just some loose strands from the new ACL. Unfortunatley I had torn a bit of meniscus and went back for a scope where he removed a part of the medial meniscus and cured the clicking of the new ACL. So I would not worry to much but see your OS if it bothers you.
Chris
ACL Hamstring Graft left/15th Sep 04
Scope Medial Meniscus Trim left/15th Jun 05
Scope Medial & Lateral Meniscus Trim/04th May 06

Offline henri

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • goes here
Re: knee popping after menscus acl surgery
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 02:15:27 PM »
i was told the same thing.Afte i fell month after the surgery on my knee i think i started hearing the popping sound.Made it was there before but i didnt just paid attention to it.But doctor told to me that it was normal and it would go away after for a while.I cant tell why it is normal, but it is, so i think theres no need to worry.The clicking mostly appears,when i am lieing and bending my knee stright forward,then it clicks.Its said because then the knee like has to train or so much more than then when you are standing.But i am no doctor.
unhappy triad

support