Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: LATERAL RELEASE QUESTIONS  (Read 920 times)

Offline CYNNIEB4`

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
LATERAL RELEASE QUESTIONS
« on: April 14, 2006, 03:10:08 PM »
Hi everyone.  I have posted before.   I'm about a week and a half post up after surgery.  I had a lateral release done, lateral meniscus, and he said something about synovial??  He had to scrape me a lot and I had a lot of fluid built up from past injuries.  Anyway,  I am having a lot of problems walking.  I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.  My knee locks up when it feels like it and then I fall.  I have already dislocated it on Tues the kneecap.  I dont start p.t. til Tues.  I am walking with one crutch now.  Going up steps is very hard for me since thats how i hurt myself on tues.  It recently last night locked up when i was standing trying to take a pil i also fell agianl.  My muscle above the knee is bothering me a lot.  It hurts to bend,  I have to sometimes force it myself a certain way.  Doc said I should be fine to go on with p.therapy.   He also said the tightness is normal????  Any help, or advice I can use.  im just glad i took the four weeks off work.   thankyou so much

Offline Kris

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • My Wonderful Friend--Hobo RIP
Re: LATERAL RELEASE QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 03:29:20 PM »
I've had the lateral release, but none of the other stuff done to my knee.  I was walking on it full weight after about 7 days my first one.  I was also in a straight leg brace for 4 weeks, which was the choice of my doctor.  Some do not do this.  I wasn't able to go up and down stairs very well for a long time.  I'm not sure the exact length, but it was a while.  After several months and a few years, I still wasn't able to go up and down without pain.  It was just the structure of my knee I suppose.  I had the tightness also and I had severe pain in my upper leg muscles.  I found it (since it was my first surgery, I had no idea what to expect) that the pain was in the place were they placed a tournique around the leg.  The pain disappeared after a few weeks.  I started therapy to strengthen the knee and had the same procedure done on my other leg 3 months later. 

Kris
Right  LR on 2/8/02,  7/11/03, and 11/5/05
Left leg LR on 5/02, 4/05
Right achilles tendon lengthened on 2/01.   Synvisc injections on 2/17/03. 
Cortisone on 12/03 and 3/04, 12/05. 
Proximal Reallignment Right 5/23/05
R Microfracture 5/19/06
PFJR 6/20/07

Offline tweenymac

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • harrassed mom of 4.arthroscopy and lateral release
Re: LATERAL RELEASE QUESTIONS
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:28 PM »
Hi everyone.  I have posted before.   I'm about a week and a half post up after surgery.  I had a lateral release done, lateral meniscus, and he said something about synovial??  He had to scrape me a lot and I had a lot of fluid built up from past injuries.  Anyway,  I am having a lot of problems walking.  I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.  My knee locks up when it feels like it and then I fall.  I have already dislocated it on Tues the kneecap.  I dont start p.t. til Tues.  I am walking with one crutch now.  Going up steps is very hard for me since thats how i hurt myself on tues.  It recently last night locked up when i was standing trying to take a pil i also fell agianl.  My muscle above the knee is bothering me a lot.  It hurts to bend,  I have to sometimes force it myself a certain way.  Doc said I should be fine to go on with p.therapy.   He also said the tightness is normal????  Any help, or advice I can use.  im just glad i took the four weeks off work.   thankyou so much

support